Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Buka mentioned the tape on his feet. What is it used for?
Others can better explain how it works, but basically Physio tape (or PT tape, or Ptape, depending who you ask) puts some mild support around injuries. I've used it with tendinitis and torn muscles (during later healing stages of the latter) to varying levels of success. There are prescribed methods of application, but they do seem to vary a bit. I find that following a few general principles seems (unscientific assessment) to work reasonably well in most cases, but doesn't seem to do as well as when it's applied by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wow, just....wow. Keep that friends name and number and give him plenty of references. Well deserved. Also I would warn friends about the first two companies who gave you estimates.

It was actually 3, the friend was number 4. And yes, when it comes time to replace the roof, I know who I'm going to call.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you using the same Microsoft account (for Office 365, for instance)? I've noticed that my last couple of replacements, my desktop background has followed me, even when the previous computer was not functioning. I haven't looked for the setting, but I assume it was carried by the MS account, since I provide that during set-up.
that must have been it, and I think Hubby accidentally reset the password for it, too.
it is a little unsetting, I know it's supposed to be for people who work with several work stations. but still. even then I like variety.
I don't think I had this issue before I killed the Yoga.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that must have been it, and I think Hubby accidentally reset the password for it, too.
it is a little unsetting, I know it's supposed to be for people who work with several work stations. but still. even then I like variety.
I don't think I had this issue before I killed the Yoga.
I think it's a fairly recent addition to their account management. There's surely a way to turn it off. I'll take a look.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh, electronic funds transfer will do just fine.

Don't trust electronic transfer with that much..... I'm in IT.... I don't trust computers OR electronics..... they are all just silently watching us for the day they take over....and if I use electronic transfer I am just contributing the money they need to do it...besides....the signal degrades long before 27,000 miles.... it would never get there anyways

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't trust electronic transfer with that much..... I'm in IT.... I don't trust computers OR electronics..... they are all just silently watching us for the day they take over....and if I use electronic transfer I am just contributing the money they need to do it...besides....the signal degrades long before 27,000 miles.... it would never get there anyways
check's in the email....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
find that following a few general principles seems (unscientific assessment) to work reasonably well in most cases, but doesn't seem to do as well as when it's applied by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

My wife youtubed it to see how to tape it....Jacob claimed it helped.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
EXACTLY!! no e-mail goes 27,000 miles....and if anyone tells you it does...they're wrong....because I say so.....any other talk of e-mail going 27,000 miles is a myth
Morse code? Light signals? A super-sonic jet? A team of homing pigeons? Use your ingenuity! Our roof is not going to fix itself!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Saw the bone doc today, everything is going fine. I can run jump, take up kick boxing, JKD, savate and sanda tree kneeing....... ok....everything after "going fine" is a lie..... but the first part is true, I am recovering as expected.

The stuff the PT folks were finding on occasion, and were worried about, per the MD that is normal. I am on the mend and doing ok. And he gave me a knee exercise to do, that PT didn't, and I feel it directly in the muscle that is causing me issues with going down stairs. Nothing against the PT folks, they were great. But he targeted the exact problem immediately after I told him the issue I was having.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the bone doc today, everything is going fine. I can run jump, take up kick boxing, JKD, savate and sanda tree kneeing....... ok....everything after "going fine" is a lie..... but the first part is true, I am recovering as expected.

The stuff the PT folks were finding on occasion, and were worried about, per the MD that is normal. I am on the mend and doing ok. And he gave me a knee exercise to do, that PT didn't, and I feel it directly in the muscle that is causing me issues with going down stairs. Nothing against the PT folks, they were great. But he targeted the exact problem immediately after I told him the issue I was having.
It's almost like he has some idea what's going on inside that knee. Like he has seen inside it. Spooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions