Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ok, ok, nor old... Um... finely aged? Vintage? Gently used? With a sheen of fine patina? (I'm a writer - I can keep going for a while... ;))

Aged, Ancient, Decrepit, elderly, mature, venerable, fossil, senior, along in years, enfeebled, getting on, gray-hair, infirm, not young, olden, oldish, over the hill, past one’s prime, superannuated.....I have a thesaurus...and I'm NOT afraid to use it either :D

OK, most of yours are more literate....but I like NONE OF EM'....mine included......with the possible exception of Venerable

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, the youngest...the Violinist, Violist, Pianist, started playing the Hulusi last night....and now Mrs Wu tells me that she also wants to start playing the Cello...which I am told was her second choice after being told no to starting the trombone

The Hulusi

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, the youngest...the Violinist, Violist, Pianist, started playing the Hulusi last night....and now Mrs Wu tells me that she also wants to start playing the Cello...which I am told was her second choice after being told no to starting the trombone

The Hulusi

I got a spare trombone! Gimme the addy, and I put it in the mail! (or deliver it myself)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like my main monitor (an old 24", for my 13" notebook) has finally given up. It just flashes when I turn it on now.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried powering it off, unplugging it from the monitor and the wall. wait 3 minutes, plug it back in and power it on.
Yeah. It sometimes (unpredictably) helps. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing something like a capacitor has bitten the dust, as it seems to be repeating the first 1-2 seconds of the power-up sequence (I'm assuming there's a POST involved). For a while, just taking away the signal (disconnecting or even just changing Windows settings so it's not sent signal) would reset it and when signal was restored it'd work fine. That stopped working reliably after a few days, and my last attempt to use it, nothing seemed to help.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah. It sometimes (unpredictably) helps. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing something like a capacitor has bitten the dust, as it seems to be repeating the first 1-2 seconds of the power-up sequence (I'm assuming there's a POST involved). For a while, just taking away the signal (disconnecting or even just changing Windows settings so it's not sent signal) would reset it and when signal was restored it'd work fine. That stopped working reliably after a few days, and my last attempt to use it, nothing seemed to help.

Sounds like new monitor time

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
crawled around the floor in search of a bottle cap I had dropped.
Found the back to my cell phone I had found in pieces a few weeks back. It was a good 3 to 4 feet from where I found the body and the battery.
And of course, my guys had already bought me a new one. (it's not activated yet though)

I did suspect the dogs of chewing it up tho
For once they were little angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions