Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Late may to early june next year, for 12 days. First halfs gonna be in maui, second half in kauai

It just occurred to me you had mentioned you were getting married on Memorial Day weekend to me before.....hmmm.....my wife and I got married on Memorial Day weekend and went to Hawaii for a honeymoon.....first part on Maui....ended up on Kaui.....uh oh!

Okay, we should talk. I have some suggestions that you might want to look into, things to do, places you might want to stay or see. It depends on what you guys enjoy.

I have always found Kaui to be the prettiest of the Hawaiian Islands. And Maui the coolest.

And your wedding might seem like a long way off, but it will be here before you know it. We should talk on the phone in the next week, it will be easier and far more productive for you to plan the details. And it could well eliminate the dreaded "I wish I had known about that when we honymooned there" syndrome, which happens to a lot of people.

At your service, bro. And to anyone else on the forum that comes out to Hawaii. If I don't know something, I'm sure I know someone who does.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aged, Ancient, Decrepit, elderly, mature, venerable, fossil, senior, along in years, enfeebled, getting on, gray-hair, infirm, not young, olden, oldish, over the hill, past one’s prime, superannuated.....I have a thesaurus...and I'm NOT afraid to use it either :D

OK, most of yours are more literate....but I like NONE OF EM'....mine included......with the possible exception of Venerable
I was trying to make them more positive.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me you had mentioned you were getting married on Memorial Day weekend to me before.....hmmm.....my wife and I got married on Memorial Day weekend and went to Hawaii for a honeymoon.....first part on Maui....ended up on Kaui.....uh oh!

Okay, we should talk. I have some suggestions that you might want to look into, things to do, places you might want to stay or see. It depends on what you guys enjoy.

I have always found Kaui to be the prettiest of the Hawaiian Islands. And Maui the coolest.

And your wedding might seem like a long way off, but it will be here before you know it. We should talk on the phone in the next week, it will be easier and far more productive for you to plan the details. And it could well eliminate the dreaded "I wish I had known about that when we honymooned there" syndrome, which happens to a lot of people.

At your service, bro. And to anyone else on the forum that comes out to Hawaii. If I don't know something, I'm sure I know someone who does.
I will definitely be hitting you up on that. Not sure what day-me and my fiancee need to talk a bit first (we booked the place but still need to flesh stuff out). I'll send you a pm once I'm ready.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Made kefir pancakes for breakfast. I am sorry to say, standard American pancake, but these are way better. Here is the recipe.

Does everyone here know what kefir is? If not, you can go find it in the dairy section at the grocery store. It's a fermented milk beverage - kind of like slightly gloppy thin yogurt. I know.... sounds unappetizing, but it's actually delicious just to drink and quite good for your gut culture. DO NOT buy the flavored ones - get the plain kind. As with so many products in America (yogurt is one), kefir with fruit flavoring is oversugared and will throw off your baking chemistry. So, just get plain kefir.

Ingredients:

- kefir - 2 cups
- all-purpose flour - 2 cups
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- egg - 1

Prep:

1. Beat the egg and the sugar in a large bowl, slowly add kefir - keep mixing. A medium-size whisk is best for this.
2. Add salt and olive oil and stir some more.
3. Mix flour and baking soda separately (you can do it while measuring off your flour), then add them to the bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Whisk the whole thing thoroughly until there are no clumps.
5. Heat up a cast iron pan on medium, then turn down to medium-low.
6. Lubricate the pan with butter. (If you have lard - use lard. That's what we did in Ukraine - cut off a piece of lard and kept it handy on a fork, smearing it over the pan in between batches.)
7. Use a large deep cooking spoon to measure off your batter - not a ladle, that's too big. Carefully pour batter into the pan - you should be able to fit in three of them.
8. Cover the pan - the pancakes will rise better and be floofier. Cook roughly 2-3 minutes per side. Use a big spatula to flip. (I have a huge wooden one for this - it's AWESOME. So much better than plastic).
9. Serve plain or with whatever you want. (Today, we had them with smoked sausage on the side and topped them with home-made strawberry-blackberry syrup.)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Made kefir pancakes for breakfast. I am sorry to say, standard American pancake, but these are way better. Here is the recipe.

Does everyone here know what kefir is? If not, you can go find it in the dairy section at the grocery store. It's a fermented milk beverage - kind of like slightly gloppy thin yogurt. I know.... sounds unappetizing, but it's actually delicious just to drink and quite good for your gut culture. DO NOT buy the flavored ones - get the plain kind. As with so many products in America (yogurt is one), kefir with fruit flavoring is oversugared and will throw off your baking chemistry. So, just get plain kefir.

Ingredients:

- kefir - 2 cups
- all-purpose flour - 2 cups
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- egg - 1

Prep:

1. Beat the egg and the sugar in a large bowl, slowly add kefir - keep mixing. A medium-size whisk is best for this.
2. Add salt and olive oil and stir some more.
3. Mix flour and baking soda separately (you can do it while measuring off your flour), then add them to the bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Whisk the whole thing thoroughly until there are no clumps.
5. Heat up a cast iron pan on medium, then turn down to medium-low.
6. Lubricate the pan with butter. (If you have lard - use lard. That's what we did in Ukraine - cut off a piece of lard and kept it handy on a fork, smearing it over the pan in between batches.)
7. Use a large deep cooking spoon to measure off your batter - not a ladle, that's too big. Carefully pour batter into the pan - you should be able to fit in three of them.
8. Cover the pan - the pancakes will rise better and be floofier. Cook roughly 2-3 minutes per side. Use a big spatula to flip. (I have a huge wooden one for this - it's AWESOME. So much better than plastic).
9. Serve plain or with whatever you want. (Today, we had them with smoked sausage on the side and topped them with home-made strawberry-blackberry syrup.)
Have definitely heard of kefir... but I kefir the life of me remember what it was!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Salad today
Cold/Raw: lettuce, spinach
Cooked/Cold: black beans
Cooked/Warm: carrots, cauliflower, broccoli,, and peas
Dressing: (mix with dressing of choice) today it was thousand island dressing

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The