Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My high school class reunion was in June, I did not go, but I was just at at the webpage they set up....none of us are 60 yet, but we're close.....13 of the people I graduated high school with are dead already, and 9 are missing. However missing means little, there were 10 missing, until I told them I was not missing, I knew exactly where I was...but 13 dead..... dang I'm old

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue, you're so old when you were a kid rainbows were in black and white.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My high school class reunion was in June, I did not go, but I was just at at the webpage they set up....none of us are 60 yet, but we're close.....13 of the people I graduated high school with are dead already, and 9 are missing. However missing means little, there were 10 missing, until I told them I was not missing, I knew exactly where I was...but 13 dead..... dang I'm old
How many were in your graduating class?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you include people who died my junior/senior year, at 25 years old, I believe my class is around 10 deaths. However, we had a class somewhere around 700, I believe. A lot of near deaths as well, if my friend group is representative of the class (two of my best friends were hospitalized for a period of time where it was uncertain the outcome...both are alive and well now).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
less than 200. Also did a little research, 2 died this year and one of those was murdered
EEKK
I graduated over 30 years ago, I have no clue how any of those people are doing.
I ought to write one of them a letter though. She is still living in the same house she did back in high school.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If you include people who died my junior/senior year, at 25 years old, I believe my class is around 10 deaths. However, we had a class somewhere around 700, I believe. A lot of near deaths as well, if my friend group is representative of the class (two of my best friends were hospitalized for a period of time where it was uncertain the outcome...both are alive and well now).

I knew 1 of those folks died within 5 years of graduation, and I heard of a couple more since, one was a kid I know pretty well in high school, but I was not aware of the all the others until this past weekend. One that died this past year was a friend of mine in High school. However we lost touch years ago.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
one kid who was a grade below us died in an accident after he had graduated. Fell off a cliff, hiking in Irland. :(

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I knew it!

Sons of beaches, I knew I saw Texas from up the mountain the other day.

This kinda' explains everything. I owe you, G-man.
So, since you can see Texas from where you live, does that mean you are now an expert on Texas? That's how it works, right? If you can see it from where you live - you are an expert.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So, since you can see Texas from where you live, does that mean you are now an expert on Texas? That's how it works, right? If you can see it from where you live - you are an expert.

I've spent some time in Texas, drove across it's widest part several times over the course of days. Man, it's a huge state.

I know some things about Texas. The academy awards statuette, The Oscar, is nicknamed after a Texan, Oscar Pierce. There's places in Texas where the speed limit is 80. And all the people I've met in Texas, and there's been a few, are as nice as any people I've ever met, anywhere. I mean noticeably so. Can't speak enough about them.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well. I have single handedly brought the mood of this thread down....haven't I......sorry about that....so....ummm....

And let's raise the mood a little more with some friendly, Martial Schadenfreude.

This guy bet his buddy that body shots don't hurt.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
one kid who was a grade below us died in an accident after he had graduated. Fell off a cliff, hiking in Irland. :(
I wish we had a sad button. We had a few die while still in high school, one from a freak traffic accident and others from bad choices and a suicide. Makes me wish I could go back and try to be a better friend.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've spent some time in Texas, drove across it's widest part several times over the course of days. Man, it's a huge state.

I know some things about Texas. The academy awards statuette, The Oscar, is nicknamed after a Texan, Oscar Pierce. There's places in Texas where the speed limit is 80. And all the people I've met in Texas, and there's been a few, are as nice as any people I've ever met, anywhere. I mean noticeably so. Can't speak enough about them.
I've been to Dallas several times and to San Antonio - I really liked San Antonio. The bummer of it was - we were there on one of those bank implementation projects where anything we had to do could only be done at night. And it was during the Fiesta time. So, just as everyone was going to party, we were going to work. Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.