Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure you arrived at this conclusion by conducting a series of carefully set, properly equipped experiments, aided by several assistants and data analysts to avoid bias.
Obviously. It definitely wasn't that stepping out of a hot tub onto concrete feels cold, that's just silly.

None of the assistants or data analysts knew what he was testing, or what to expect, to ensure integrity.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, looks like temps are going back up into the 40s where they belong. I don't know how you guys deal with snow all year. What a pain. Dogs loved it, but I'm ready to seeing melt away.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, looks like temps are going back up into the 40s where they belong. I don't know how you guys deal with snow all year. What a pain. Dogs loved it, but I'm ready to seeing melt away.
We'll be getting to 40's tomorrow. Today though, we've got snow.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well it is almost time to go deal with the snow in my driveway..... And here in the Adirondacks I will wear the typical clothing of the Adirondackers wear to clear deep snow during a storm...... flip flops, Bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.....we LAUGH at cold and snow

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wake up at 6:30 am every morning except weekends and I think it is an ungodly hour unsuited for human existence.
I wake up by that time most days, just because. And then I creep quietly around the house on weekends because SOME PEOPLE think mornings are for sleep.

::grump:: I need more coffee.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wake up by that time most days, just because. And then I creep quietly around the house on weekends because SOME PEOPLE think mornings are for sleep.

::grump:: I need more coffee.
That's because you are not really alive. You have no blood pressure and no pulse. I said "human existence" - you are not technically a human. You are a zombie.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I wake up at 6:30 am every morning except weekends and I think it is an ungodly hour unsuited for human existence.
My dog wakes me up every morning at 5:20am. I can snooze her (Sadie, go lay down) but 9 minutes later, she is back.

While she has an uncanny knack for telling time, she does not distinguish between a weekday or weekend.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dog wakes me up every morning at 5:20am. I can snooze her (Sadie, go lay down) but 9 minutes later, she is back.

While she has an uncanny knack for telling time, she does not distinguish between a weekday or weekend.
Ours used to do that. I'm not sure what changed it, but they (okay, mainly the idiot Pit-mix) would get me up between 4:30 and 5:30 most mornings for a while. And coffee was NEVER ready for me that early.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This post reminds me we need an "I feel ya, man." button next to "useful".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ours used to do that. I'm not sure what changed it, but they (okay, mainly the idiot Pit-mix) would get me up between 4:30 and 5:30 most mornings for a while. And coffee was NEVER ready for me that early.
Totally. In this case, I kid you not, it is 5:20am. Something in the house must click at that time ormsomething, because it is uncanny.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally. In this case, I kid you not, it is 5:20am. Something in the house must click at that time ormsomething, because it is uncanny.
Ours have never been that accurate in the morning. They seem to know exactly when 6:30 PM is (dinner time for them), but they rarely stick to the same morning time for more than a few weeks. When I used to set my alarm for 6 (as the latest I'd get up), they always were up and about no later than 6, with the stress on "no later than", and very little attention paid to the "6".

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...after 6 inches of snow....it changed to sleet.....last I checked we had a couple inches of sleet.....it will be changing back to snow I am told...by the weather forecast. Should be fun in the morning.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...after 6 inches of snow....it changed to sleet.....last I checked we had a couple inches of sleet.....it will be changing back to snow I am told...by the weather forecast. Should be fun in the morning.
That must be making a lovely frozen parfait out there.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That must be making a lovely frozen parfait out there.

I never want to get 2 inches of sleet off of a concrete driveway ever again. It sticks like glue so you end up lifting up on and pushing the snow blower. So it is 1.5 hours of a farmers carry while pushing a football blocking sled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions