Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also got the results of my DNA testing....no real surprises....except one...... I am 6% Norwegian...... so I guess from now on when I train I need to dress like this when I train taijiquan

viking-07.jpg

explains why I liked Norway so much and the Viking long ship museum in Oslo :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
7959961D-3F82-4436-88F3-71074F218505.jpeg
Also got the results of my DNA testing....no real surprises....except one...... I am 6% Norwegian...... so I guess from now on when I train I need to dress like this when I train taijiquan

viking-07.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

viking-07.jpg

well, for what it’s worth, my dna says 46% Norwegian, 45% England, Wales, and 9% Scotland. Not sure about the fine distinctions, but my dad is pretty much all Scandinavian, and my moms family cam to America very early from England..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
well, for what it’s worth, my dna says 46% Norwegian, 45% England, Wales, and 9% Scotland. Not sure about the fine distinctions, but my dad is pretty much all Scandinavian, and my moms family cam to America very early from England..

I'm only 6% Norwegian, and of the results that is the only one that came as a surprise. The rest is Northwestern Europe (I am mostly German by heritage), England and Wales

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think there must be some variation from one service to another. I used 23andme and according to them I am 99.1% European, with 52.4% of that being British/Irish/Scottish. That fits, since I am a Cochran, of Clan Cochrane. That side of the family goes back to the Grandfather of the current Earl of Dundonald (who is also the hereditary Chief of Clan Cochran). Lowland Scott. On my mothers side, I am a Thomas, of Clan MacThomas. Highland Scott. They don't separate Scottland from the rest of the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.