Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just made some shrimp, broccoli pasta for a snack. Took a pic, but my computer decided to put it somewhere I can't find. It's been doing that for a couple days now. I've found some, but all in different places. It also reversed the order of my pic files from A-Z to Z-A.

I haven't hated my computer in a while. I was due.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made some shrimp, broccoli pasta for a snack. Took a pic, but my computer decided to put it somewhere I can't find. It's been doing that for a couple days now. I've found some, but all in different places. It also reversed the order of my pic files from A-Z to Z-A.

The latter should be an easy fix. When you're in the folder where the pictures are, look at the top of the list of files and click on "Name" (that's Windows 8/10 - I think it's the same in older versions). That'll reverse the direction of sorting.

If you continue to not be able to find your pics, PM me. I'll see if I can provide some steps for locating them.

All that aside, great snack. I love snacks like that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have spent much of the last 3 days vacuuming water in the basement. Apparently weather and one of the dogs conspired to get me some exercise. We've had a metric crap-ton of precipitation in the last 3 weeks, so water tables are up and the ground is saturated. And my dog dug a hole right up against the house on the uphill side. I didn't find the hole until I went to investigate why I've had to vacuum up about 14 gallons of water over 3 days. It took a 50-lb. sack of soil to fill the hole, and will probably take days more for the seepage to stop, since it's raining again right now.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have spent much of the last 3 days vacuuming water in the basement. Apparently weather and one of the dogs conspired to get me some exercise. We've had a metric crap-ton of precipitation in the last 3 weeks, so water tables are up and the ground is saturated. And my dog dug a hole right up against the house on the uphill side. I didn't find the hole until I went to investigate why I've had to vacuum up about 14 gallons of water over 3 days. It took a 50-lb. sack of soil to fill the hole, and will probably take days more for the seepage to stop, since it's raining again right now.

Sorry about the mess.
But I always wonder... is a crap ton more, or less, than a butt ton?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sounds delicious! The pasta - not the computer stuff. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, if you're diving in cold water with a dry suit, you can wear underwear. Heated underwear, even.
And, for that matter, I wear compression shorts under my wetsuit. Because I might want to take it off and change back into board shorts without scaring everyone on the boat.
Is it tie-dye?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A crap ton is an order of magnitude more than a butt ton. Just think, which one would you rather be in the room with.
One of my old professors had to spend a weekend in a house of crap (that he placed there). A guy was a surgeon, randomly developed this phobia of poop, and was almost fired because it was impacting his work. He hired my professor, who went to a (couple) dog park(s), picked up and sterilized all the poo he could find, then smeared it around this guys house. Went in the house on a friday, a guy came and messed with all the doorknobs so they were stuck in there, and proceeded to provide him a weekend-long intensive therapy session surrounded by poo. He got paid a lot of money for it, and the guy kept his job.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my old professors had to spend a weekend in a house of crap (that he placed there). A guy was a surgeon, randomly developed this phobia of poop, and was almost fired because it was impacting his work. He hired my professor, who went to a (couple) dog park(s), picked up and sterilized all the poo he could find, then smeared it around this guys house. Went in the house on a friday, a guy came and messed with all the doorknobs so they were stuck in there, and proceeded to provide him a weekend-long intensive therapy session surrounded by poo. He got paid a lot of money for it, and the guy kept his job.
That story is full of...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oooh, can I say I have a morbid phobia of rest and relaxation and have an intensive therapy course for that?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh, can I say I have a morbid phobia of rest and relaxation and have an intensive therapy course for that?
Only if you're okay with me prodding you every couple of seconds saying "Wake up! Tell me why you can't sleep right!". The prodding would become more frequent the more you seem to be relaxing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I appreciate it, but it's Linux. I think with Linux you throw it against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions