Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't do it....you'll be sorry
I wish I could follow that advice. Times are dire, peeps. One of my coder managers is leaving - her last day is tomorrow, and I am taking half of her job. Which is a scary thought, because I'd only been in healthcare for two years, and I've been supporting medical coders and billers less than a year.

That said, I did manage to release about $30,000 of delayed charges today. Hmmm, I wonder if there's a finder's fee for that sort of thing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I wish I could follow that advice. Times are dire, peeps. One of my coder managers is leaving - her last day is tomorrow, and I am taking half of her job. Which is a scary thought, because I'd only been in healthcare for two years, and I've been supporting medical coders and billers less than a year.

That said, I did manage to release about $30,000 of delayed charges today. Hmmm, I wonder if there's a finder's fee for that sort of thing.

I just got told my promotion was a no go..my supervisor's supervisor shut it down.....never meant either one of those folks..... .but the extra work stays...the only thing I am now not getting is the additional people to supervise.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got told my promotion was a no go..my supervisor's supervisor shut it down.....never meant either one of those folks..... .but the extra work stays...the only thing I am now not getting is the additional people to supervise.....
That sucks, unless you prefer not to supervise.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm done, folks. Too much today. Went running, mowed grass, taught a class. Wrote some training material, attended a project meeting. My mind and body are both ready for bed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

boss lady told me yesterday she was working on getting me a raise.
It's only been months since she got the other gal a raise, and who knows how long since the new people got hired in at a higher rate (than what I make!)

Yeah, sure, lady. cool <yawn>
Still not gonna stay.
She's like Captain Queeg: Micromanaging us, but still not knowing the job.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
How can people who had never met you make decisions about what you are or are not capable of? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
boss lady told me yesterday she was working on getting me a raise.
It's only been months since she got the other gal a raise, and who knows how long since the new people got hired in at a higher rate (than what I make!)

Yeah, sure, lady. cool <yawn>
Still not gonna stay.
She's like Captain Queeg: Micromanaging us, but still not knowing the job.

Worked for someone like that early in my IT career. She also took credit for everything I did when talking to her boss and the director. Then one day they needed a web update done ASAP...and she was out...her boss came to my desk and told me it needed to be done, but he would get me help if I needed it since my boss was on vacation. I said...what do I need help for...he said well she's out.... my response was so...she does not have rights to the server and does not even have the software on her PC..... I do all the updates and have since I got here...You should know that..,.. I use to work directly for you,.,. before you guy hired her....

Also use to here her on the phone with folks outside of the department. IF something was being praised she took full credit for it, and 9.5 times out of 10 she had nothing to do with it. But if someone was complaining she blamed others...even if it was that .5 times out of 10 she did something.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It usually is .

Hey are you still thinking about going back to school?

I was back in school, working on a masters in IT security, but I stopped. To much time needed to do the work and I have very little between work, home care and my Mr. Mom duties since Mrs Xue works long hours. However I am going to a seminar next week to see what it takes to get a teaching cert in my state. But to be honest at this age and this close to retirement I am not sure it is worth the time. It is basically the same retirement system, but better. However you have to be in it for 10 year to gain the actual benefits of it. That and it might be a pay cut, I will find all that out next week.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was not based on capability it was based on finances
Also makes no sense. If you want the best resource in the best place, then put him there and pay him to keep him happy so he would continue to work there, since he is the best for the job.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I watched 47 Meters Down last night. @Xue Sheng would like it.
It basically gets everything wrong. I mean everything. From the way sharks behave to the way dive boats work, to every single possible detail of the actual diving.
Every single person involved with the production needs to be found and side kicked. Into a pool. With sharks in it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I watched 47 Meters Down last night. @Xue Sheng would like it.
It basically gets everything wrong. I mean everything. From the way sharks behave to the way dive boats work, to every single possible detail of the actual diving.
Every single person involved with the production needs to be found and side kicked. Into a pool. With sharks in it.
<hopeful> Sharks with lasers on their heads? Yes? Yes?
giphy.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

giphy.gif

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ugh, work. I am currently unemployed, i.e., displaced, as my place of employment was closed. I was/am a CNA plus an Activities Director for long term skilled nursing facilities. It is a bit of a step up from a regular nursing home. I also did Restorative Therapy.
I am looking into going back to school myself for Physical Therapy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions