Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ugh, work. I am currently unemployed, i.e., displaced, as my place of employment was closed. I was/am a CNA plus an Activities Director for long term skilled nursing facilities. It is a bit of a step up from a regular nursing home. I also did Restorative Therapy.
I am looking into going back to school myself for Physical Therapy. :)
Come to our area - we are DYING without good CNAs and physical therapists around here.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm done, folks. Too much today. Went running, mowed grass, taught a class. Wrote some training material, attended a project meeting. My mind and body are both ready for bed.
I don't know what your problem is - I am the one who had to do all the throwing and punching in class. All you had to do was fall and cover your head.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
Come to our area - we are DYING without good CNAs and physical therapists around here.

Oh that is a nationwide thing. It is crazy. The pay is usually not very good anywhere. We do it because we like to care for people, but better pay would be nice. :)
There are a few local homes I can go to, it is just deciding if I want to or not. The reputation proceeds a couple of them, None of the aides that were laid off will go work there. :/
It is physically and mentally draining, not sure if I want to do that again yet, getting attached and watching them die. I loved the restorative part, helping people recover.
Right now I am helping my Grandmother, we are in the midst of testing for dementia/alzheimers that I unfortunately have lots of experience with recognizing. :(

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh that is a nationwide thing. It is crazy. The pay is usually not very good anywhere. We do it because we like to care for people, but better pay would be nice. :)
There are a few local homes I can go to, it is just deciding if I want to or not. The reputation proceeds a couple of them, None of the aides that were laid off will go work there. :/
It is physically and mentally draining, not sure if I want to do that again yet, getting attached and watching them die. I loved the restorative part, helping people recover.
Right now I am helping my Grandmother, we are in the midst of testing for dementia/alzheimers that I unfortunately have lots of experience with recognizing. :(
Uhh... That's rough. We have many senior care facilities in the area, and many medical groups that provide senior care. Huge senior population here in the Asheville area. But medical professional contingent is slim.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And now Mrs Xue informs me that she wants the youngest to go to private school too...oldest went...wanted to go..... the youngest...not so much....but even if the youngest wanted to go...it would NOT be to the same one the oldest went...... I really do not like that place and fought with more than one person there

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything good on my end Xue Sheng. A lot of life changes but that comes with the territory. I was glad to see you are still hear sharing.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And now Mrs Xue informs me that she wants the youngest to go to private school too...oldest went...wanted to go..... the youngest...not so much....but even if the youngest wanted to go...it would NOT be to the same one the oldest went...... I really do not like that place and fought with more than one person there
Is there any way to settle this through trial by combat?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Worked for someone like that early in my IT career. She also took credit for everything I did when talking to her boss and the director. Then one day they needed a web update done ASAP...and she was out...her boss came to my desk and told me it needed to be done, but he would get me help if I needed it since my boss was on vacation. I said...what do I need help for...he said well she's out.... my response was so...she does not have rights to the server and does not even have the software on her PC..... I do all the updates and have since I got here...You should know that..,.. I use to work directly for you,.,. before you guy hired her....

Also use to here her on the phone with folks outside of the department. IF something was being praised she took full credit for it, and 9.5 times out of 10 she had nothing to do with it. But if someone was complaining she blamed others...even if it was that .5 times out of 10 she did something.
we get constantly getting screeched at 'you'll get written up'
Do it already, and leave me be to do my job.
It ain't as glamorous *** IT, but as essential....
And yeah, the favorites are walking out with the shop.
And she does not notice.....

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
I used to say, "that's it, I quit!" at least once a week. Sometimes once a shift. :) It did get better once I became an Activities Director.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to say, "that's it, I quit!" at least once a week. Sometimes once a shift. :) It did get better once I became an Activities Director.
well, I do provide a floor show for the customers! :)
Cos I iz crazy.
Helps to work there, too! :cat:

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got told my promotion was a no go..my supervisor's supervisor shut it down.....never meant either one of those folks..... .but the extra work stays...the only thing I am now not getting is the additional people to supervise.....
Was theoretically in competition for a promotion. Had mixed feelings anyway -- but end result was the clique won, and with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight and a clue-by-four or two, I was never really in the race anyway. Nothing to do with qualifications, but I can see a 3 year pattern of making sure that nobody threatened the anointed one...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
we get constantly getting screeched at 'you'll get written up'
Do it already, and leave me be to do my job.
It ain't as glamorous *** IT, but as essential....
And yeah, the favorites are walking out with the shop.
And she does not notice.....

Waaay waaay back, when I was working in hospital house keeping, I got called into the office. There sat my supervisor and the head of the housekeeping department. I do not remember the reason I was called in, only that it ended with them both sitting there telling me I had an attitude problem. My response was "I have no problem with my attitude what-so-ever...but you appear to...so from my perspective....you have the attitude problem, not me"....and I left the office, and went back to work.....they left me alone and I never got called into the office again.... However I do not recommend this as a response if you really need the job.... I was a college kid...so the job was mostly for beer money...so I didn't much care....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was theoretically in competition for a promotion. Had mixed feelings anyway -- but end result was the clique won, and with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight and a clue-by-four or two, I was never really in the race anyway. Nothing to do with qualifications, but I can see a 3 year pattern of making sure that nobody threatened the anointed one...

Sorry you didn't get the promotion... I didn't get it because they have no idea how to manage money or how much things cost...so their budget is in the negative....which is interesting...considering how much money they took from every single departments IT budget when they took over IT

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Waaay waaay back, when I was working in hospital house keeping, I got called into the office. There sat my supervisor and the head of the housekeeping department. I do not remember the reason I was called in, only that it ended with them both sitting there telling me I had an attitude problem. My response was "I have no problem with my attitude what-so-ever...but you appear to...so from my perspective....you have the attitude problem, not me"....and I left the office, and went back to work.....they left me alone and I never got called into the office again.... However I do not recommend this as a response if you really need the job.... I was a college kid...so the job was mostly for beer money...so I didn't much care....

Loving it!
As far as it goes, Boss Lady has been picking on certain people - they left by now.
She has left me the hell alone. I think I got a pretty good 'Resting B*tch Face' although it takes a LOT to get me to do stuff.
It does not hurt that the customers and indirect bosses love me.
but doing a good job does not always grant protection.

I just wish I wasn't so dang tired after work. I really do need to look elsewhere...tired of dealing with this crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions