And now, on an unrelated note

Pluto is once again...a planet
Perspective | Yes, Pluto is a planet

giphy.gif
YESSSSSSS!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't fool me... Pluto is a dog! Floppy ears, tail... dog. Not planet!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Are you saying a dog can't also be a planet?

plan·et
ˈplanət/
noun
  1. a celestial body moving in an elliptical orbit around a star.
    synonyms: celestial body, heavenly body, dwarf planet, satellite, moon, earth, asteroid, planetoid;

literaryorb
    "which planets are visible to the naked eye?"
    • the earth.
      noun: the planet
      "no generation has the right to pollute the planet"

• ASTROLOGYhistorical
      a celestial body distinguished from the fixed stars by having an apparent motion of its own (including the moon and sun), especially with reference to its supposed influence on people and events.

A dog, like the rest of us, is the result of evolution, which, in turn, is the result of the Big Bang, during which everything came together from cosmic dust. Thus, a dog can be considered a celestial body. And it most certainly has a motion of its own.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My system vendors got on my nerves first thing this morning by telling me "system works as designed" and forgetting what I've told them months ago - just because a system works as designed doesn't mean it works well.

The coders caused a bunch of errors that require manual intervention.

We are in the middle of a prodigiously boring but time-critical data gathering task.

My colleague, with whom I share an office, is officially scared. He is staying on his side and occasionally lobs chocolate bars to my side.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You can't fool me... Pluto is a dog! Floppy ears, tail... dog. Not planet!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My only real concern about Pluto is that he is Mickey's pet dog..... yet Mickey's best friend Goofy is also a dog.....I often wonder how that makes Pluto feel...but at least now that he is a planet again...he may feel better about himself..... Since Goofy is not a planet :D

Oh.... and now the Pluto is a planet again celebration
giphy.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, you think I can tell my boss I won't be coming in but every other day?
I am so freaking sore from head to toe, I can barely crawl!
Thee days work, one off, 4 days on, one off, three more of work, before I get two off in a row, that does not jive with a good workout program, to give the body time to rest and rebuild, does it?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only real concern about Pluto is that he is Mickey's pet dog..... yet Mickey's best friend Goofy is also a dog.....I often wonder how that makes Pluto feel...but at least now that he is a planet again...he may feel better about himself..... Since Goofy is not a planet :D

giphy.gif
I see your silly dance and raise you a fudderwacken (sp?).

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

giphy.gif
I thought you said you were allergic to Zumba... :p

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, you think I can tell my boss I won't be coming in but every other day?
I am so freaking sore from head to toe, I can barely crawl!
Thee days work, one off, 4 days on, one off, three more of work, before I get two off in a row, that does not jive with a good workout program, to give the body time to rest and rebuild, does it?
I don't think one day is nearly enough. I mean... you don't even feel sore all the way until day two.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
is a euphemism for "it's not our problem, deal with it yourself"

Had one a while ago where an outside vendor insisted it was our problem because we were running old software.....the only problem with that was we had just finished upgrading everything to the newest version s available.... once they were made aware of that....by the CIO....they decided that it was their problem

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am....and that is my story and I am sticking with it no matter HOW much proof someone may...or may not...have to the contrary....besides......this ain't Zumba...this is the PLUTO CELEBRATION!!!!!
If it looks like Zumba... and walks like Zumba... and quacks like Zumba... you know.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
is a euphemism for "it's not our problem, deal with it yourself"
More or less. Or "yes, we know we designed this part of the system while consuming massive amounts of controlled substances and writing code with our left big toes, but here it is, and we really don't feel like changing it so... it's not our problem, deal with it yourself."

That's ok. I have a meeting with them tomorrow. They will be in my grubby little hands for an hour. And for that they will be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.