Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our chief weapon is surprise....

And fear.

And now for something completely different: just scored two high quality, wusthof chefs knives used for $75. They need a new edge, but at 1/3rd of retail, I am pretty happy.
NICE! I am familiar with that brand of knife - they are fabulous.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never fails. Last two hours of work always drag...even when you work a two-hour shift!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Back from work.
Had one customer complain I didn't clean his room first thing...

Uh....what?
there is a thing called procedure....the boss tells me what to do.|And I better do so.

Not to mention that on most days I have 30+ customers....somebody will not be gotten to 'first thing'

Even if you are ex military......

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was my day at work: I answered a call every now and then. Between calls, I went through several MS Word files that contained several songs I have written to streamline the formatting and see if, after not looking at them for so long, I could see areas where the arrangements could use some sprucing up.

Great way to use taxpayer's money, huh? :-(

I hate earning money doing nothing. I have asked them repeatedly to cross-train me so I don't have so much downtime. It's not in me to do that.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was supposed to have a nice, calm, measured, well-planned, productive day at work. And then, at 7:30 am, I discovered a major piece of our billing process tanked last night... Somewhere, Loki is laughing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hate earning money doing nothing.

And that has always been my lifelong dream. I can honestly say I have never wanted to work a day in my life.

And I have elevated doing nothing to an art form. The key to that is practice.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
And that has always been my lifelong dream. I can honestly say I have never wanted to work a day in my life.

And I have elevated doing nothing to an art form. The key to that is practice.

Well, maybe I should specify I hate earning money from other people doing nothing. After all, the taxpayers are the ones getting ripped off. Then again, I guess they should be used to that by now?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Zumba post-sinus infection:

Wore a rather violent shade of pink so my side of the room would see me and know I was there to lead them. They did, and no one panicked.

Hit my target step count in the middle of a particularly purgatorial squat-and-knee-lift number.

And then we all gyrated seductively to Havana. And all was right with the world.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, per the cardiologist, I have a healthy heart, just an occasional extra beat. Other than that, everything is working fine.... which is interesting, because 25 years ago they told me I had a leaky valve.... but it is not leaking now....So, what was causing me the problem.... no idea at this point, but at least it was not my heart

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did a Kata the other night. First Kata I've done in forty years.

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it.
What kind? Do you have a video? I'd love to see...

I've never done kata until @gpseymour devised some for our style. Now I am addicted to it. I love dancing, and kata is very much like a dance - with some controlled violence thrown in, which elevates it from good to great.

And it's such a versatile practice! You can speed it up or slow it down, you can deepen or lighten the stances, you can shift the accents, you can vary the range. Just love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions