Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bah... Who needs coffee when all you need is a hot towel to the face and some stretches. Breakfast solves everything. Problem solved!
If you say "who needs coffee" one more time, I will personally come after you with a hot towel. Possibly wrapped around a rattan fighting stick.
image.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Traveling home from Albuquerque.

My son Jake had a great weekend won the USKA National Championship in sparring, kata, and weapons.

He also got to attend two seminars. First was a weapons seminar on the Bo.

Second was a sparring seminar with three instructors. Pretty interesting seminar with one of the instructors being a professional mma fighter and full contact karateka and the other two being USA karate members who are working toward qualifying for the Olympics.

Then a 2 hour USKA National Team workout this morning with the three instructors from the seminar before the team left.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traveling home from Albuquerque.

My son Jake had a great weekend won the USKA National Championship in sparring, kata, and weapons.

He also got to attend two seminars. First was a weapons seminar on the Bo.

Second was a sparring seminar with three instructors. Pretty interesting seminar with one of the instructors being a professional mma fighter and full contact karateka and the other two being USA karate members who are working toward qualifying for the Olympics.

Then a 2 hour USKA National Team workout this morning with the three instructors from the seminar before the team left.
Sounds like a good weekend, CB!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you say "who needs coffee" one more time, I will personally come after you with a hot towel. Possibly wrapped around a rattan fighting stick.
image.jpg
I make stupid decisions day in and day out with no regrets. Don't think for a second I'll learn anything now.
orly.gif

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually I think this Mac needs air and to be free, I think I will take it to the roof and see if it can fly. If it can't it should be OK, it is only a 15 story building
It can fly... once.

Of course, if you have the knack of it, and you throw it at the ground, and miss... it'll fly more.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
One of the guys smoked a corned brisket with a Guinness beer glaze. I've never had such a thing. It's really delicious (kind of surprisingly). The corned beef flavor is still dominant, but man, that's a good bite of brisket.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I make stupid decisions day in and day out with no regrets. Don't think for a second I'll learn anything now.
orly.gif
Listen. Stupid decisions is one thing. But making sacrilegious statements about coffee is a whole other thing. That's upsetting the gods. You never know who might get ticked off and decide to smite you.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey, we made one too! We should have a communal pot roast tasting event.
I would love that. I love a good pot roast. I was introduced to red meat by my wife. We never ate it growing up. And my wife doesn't really cook. So, I've spent the last quarter century trying to figure out how to make good beef. :D

I still remember the first time I tried to make her a steak. It was a top round/London broil. Man, that was inedible.

I'm always looking for tips on how to make it. How do you make your pot roast?

Status
Not open for further replies.