AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even if it has no name.
a693d114c0df8878736ddcc2b4a803a7.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think right around 100F misters stop helping... I was out in 120F cooking a pork butt and was just dying. We had a little water mister on the 5 gallon bucket (looked like R2D2) and even that didn't help. But then you see guys out working in that heat all day. Construction, landscaping, you name it. Those guys are tough.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was out in 100F at Sea World in San Diego once.... it is basically a parking lot with fish tanks in it. That is when I realized dry heat is scary..... been in a bit over 100 in the Northeast, that is incredibly uncomfortable

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nasty stuff working in hot weather. Spent a couple summers as a roofer, it might be the most uncomfortable I've ever been.

But when I see cops doing traffic details, wearing heavy, dark blue clothes, carrying all they carry, in the middle of a hot street with heat producing cars all around them, for hours at a time, and usually with a vest on under their shirts, I wonder....how the hell do they do that? Fortunately, I've never had to do it more than a few minutes.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Started back in my old dojo helping out in the kid's class last night...

Far out I love it so much haha. The kids are just great, it's so much fun, and even though there were about 30 kids (yikes!), we actually did really well keeping on top of it and making sure it didn't fall to shambles hehe (4 of us instructing/assisting all up).

Lots of newbies starting up for the first night too, and they did SO well!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nasty stuff working in hot weather. Spent a couple summers as a roofer, it might be the most uncomfortable I've ever been.

But when I see cops doing traffic details, wearing heavy, dark blue clothes, carrying all they carry, in the middle of a hot street with heat producing cars all around them, for hours at a time, and usually with a vest on under their shirts, I wonder....how the hell do they do that? Fortunately, I've never had to do it more than a few minutes.

Agreed

But picture this..... 95 degrees, humid, working in as a mechanic... in a garage...with cutting and welding torches all day....did that for a summer in Natick Midas Muffler...not wearing all the gear you guys have to in Law Enforcement. Not under the hot sun....but let me tell you that was not a fun summer...of course not all days were 95...but a few were that and a bit hotter

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you should NOT try August. You can always put on an extra sweater and scarf when it's cold and snowing. You cannot take off your skin when it's scorching.
Well, you can... But it's pretty much a one-time deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.