Gran.. I am
Gran actually likes grits.
with flavor....:p:cool:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand they need to let the engine cool..... stupid cheap Aluminum heads..... but 3 hours...after the car was already in the garage for 1.5 hours (at the dealer).... that is ridiculous..... took me 30 minutes.... and I am pretty sure if I did this regularly, like way back in my Mechanic days, this is a 15 to 20 minute job....Every other place I called said 3 hours as well.
That’s just silly. I haven’t done that in 30 years, and it wouldn’t take me 3 hours, even with having to hunt down my deep sockets.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It must have rained crazy people at work last night, because they came out of the ground like earthworms today.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It must have rained crazy people at work last night, because they came out of the ground like earthworms today.

Reminds me of my days in Hospital security, especially the one that had the mental health and detox wards. There were those nights where people just seemed to be crawling out of the wood work just to show up and annoy me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That’s just silly. I haven’t done that in 30 years, and it wouldn’t take me 3 hours, even with having to hunt down my deep sockets.

I have a 6 foot tall tool box full of tools, from my mechanic days, in the back of my garage and I looked all through it for my spark plug socket and I could not find it so I went and bought myself a new one. Replaced the plugs, put the tools away and put the new plug socket in the drawer it belongs in...and right there...in the middle...was my plug socket.... that I apparently missed during the first search....oh well...now I have 2

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 foot tall tool box full of tools, from my mechanic days, in the back of my garage and I looked all through it for my spark plug socket and I could not find it so I went and bought myself a new one. Replaced the plugs, put the tools away and put the new plug socket in the drawer it belongs in...and right there...in the middle...was my plug socket.... that I apparently missed during the first search....oh well...now I have 2
I can’t tell you how many odd driver bits I own via that same process.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Question: When in a parking garage and driving down the ramp heading out.....when someone backs out without looking and cuts you off...... is it wrong to yell "RAMMING SPEED!!!"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heading out to breakfast with the boys. One of them is moving....to Montana....in December.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heading out to breakfast with the boys. One of them is moving....to Montana....in December.

Moving to Montana soon...... is he gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon....does he have any zircon encrusted tweezers :D

Sorry, every time I get moving and Montana together I think Frank Zappa

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why would anyone do that?

Just got back from breakfast. They apparently made him an offer he couldn't refuse financially. But he told us a funny story. He had gone out there and applied six months ago, went back once more, took all the drug tests and other things, then a month later had a phone interview. So they call him back last month and tell him the job is his. He says, "That's great.....but what about the psych eval? [all cops go through psychiatric evaluation before any job]
They replied, "We don't find that necessary in this case."
He says, "Okay, but if you don't mind me asking, why isn't it necessary?"
Their answer, in that Montana drawl, and with not a bit of humor in their voice, "We figure anybody who takes this job has to be out of their mind."

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
[all cops go through psychiatric evaluation before any job]"

I took a psych test for a job with a police department in New Hampshire and I will never forget one of the questions.... "Did you ever wake up feeling evil?" My first thought was.... "Why else would I want this job"... but my only options were yes, no, occasionally......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions