Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We start on that after lunch. By tradition, the Grinch (the animated version) plays as we start decorating.
We listen to Charlie Brown Christmas and then watch white Christmas with bing Crosby.

In other news, im going to try making soap today.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We listen to Charlie Brown Christmas and then watch white Christmas with bing Crosby.

In other news, im going to try making soap today.
My wife isn't a fan of Crosby and the crooners, so White Christmas and Holiday Inn are out. Charlie Brown Christmas (and the other Peanuts Christmas special) usually comes on right after the Grinch at our house.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
got a win today! One of our newest white belt kids
got all the way through basic one form today - on
his own!! The cool part is - his mom started shortly
after he did and today, once I watched them both -
worked with each other - reminded each other
about stances and watched each other.. one of
them counting the form and the other doing it.. AND,
this kid is incredibly shy so I'm hoping the confidence
from today will carry over to his kicking and punching..
I believe it will. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I find it interesting that you find the starting letter interesting, and not the random scattering of "ue" all over the place.

Does that mean we're now in the Cue continuum?

Now you see..if you focused on the C and the Q instead of the repeated ue...you would have known it was the "Q" Continuum

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Beyond that point, everything is just a bonus.
Seems to be soap. Overall an easy thing to do. Should be able to take a pic tomorrow once I take the bars out of the mold. I used a crock pot so the sopification process was complete in about an hour. Soap bars will be ready to use after a week or two to cure.

Most expensive part of the process was the essential oil. $5 for 1/4 oz.

Otherwise pretty cheap.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Or is that the Queue continuum?

au-contraire-mon-capitan.jpg

clip.small.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well... I am going to go do something I have not done in years....not since I completely gave up Auto mechanics....... I am going to go change the spark plugs in the Accord..... the dealer and the local garages have all ticked me off on the matter...... how on earth can it take 3 hours to change 4 spark plugs...... so....I'm off to my garage

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... I am going to go do something I have not done in years....not since I completely gave up Auto mechanics....... I am going to go change the spark plugs in the Accord..... the dealer and the local garages have all ticked me off on the matter...... how on earth can it take 3 hours to change 4 spark plugs...... so....I'm off to my garage
To return in 4 hours... :D

Are they billing 3 hours or saying they need a 3 hour window?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
To return in 4 hours... :D

Are they billing 3 hours or saying they need a 3 hour window?

I understand they need to let the engine cool..... stupid cheap Aluminum heads..... but 3 hours...after the car was already in the garage for 1.5 hours (at the dealer).... that is ridiculous..... took me 30 minutes.... and I am pretty sure if I did this regularly, like way back in my Mechanic days, this is a 15 to 20 minute job....Every other place I called said 3 hours as well.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand they need to let the engine cool..... stupid cheap Aluminum heads..... but 3 hours...after the car was already in the garage for 1.5 hours (at the dealer).... that is ridiculous..... took me 30 minutes.... and I am pretty sure if I did this regularly, like way back in my Mechanic days, this is a 15 to 20 minute job....Every other place I called said 3 hours as well.
Window or billed? They're probably billing "book time" which is often way off... especially for experienced mechanics doing pretty routine tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions