Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's raining here, thank God, we've been in a bit of a drought. Sounds so hypnotic and sweet hitting all the big leafed trees.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's raining here, thank God, we've been in a bit of a drought. Sounds so hypnotic and sweet hitting all the big leafed trees.
I love the sound of a moderate rain in trees, man. It reminds me of every camping trip I went on, growing up. (Yeah, it rained on us a lot - can't honestly recall a camping trip without it.) One of my favorite sounds.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love the sound of a moderate rain in trees, man. It reminds me of every camping trip I went on, growing up. (Yeah, it rained on us a lot - can't honestly recall a camping trip without it.) One of my favorite sounds.

I hear ya, bro. Got rained on a lot camping too. I remember laying on my sleeping bag, putting my fingertip to the canvas tent top once. You know how that went. :)

Funny thing - when it started a few minutes ago, all the baby chickens took off running like they were getting shot at. Then I realized at six weeks old - they had never experienced rain before.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, bro. Got rained on a lot camping too. I remember laying on my sleeping bag, putting my fingertip to the canvas tent top once. You know how that went. :)

Funny thing - when it started a few minutes ago, all the baby chickens took off running like they were getting shot at. Then I realized at six weeks old - they had never experienced rain before.
Now we know what happened with Chicken Little.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
ordered a new BJJ gi from venom last night. the 3.0 Challenger. i have no idea on quality and fit. hope its decent.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered a new BJJ gi from venom last night. the 3.0 Challenger. i have no idea on quality and fit. hope its decent.
I've considered going for a BJJ gi next time. I think the closer sleeves might mean fewer trapped hands. Most of them have too much branding for my taste, though. They're a bit more expensive, but that's almost a non-issue over the life of the uniform.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've considered going for a BJJ gi next time. I think the closer sleeves might mean fewer trapped hands. Most of them have too much branding for my taste, though. They're a bit more expensive, but that's almost a non-issue over the life of the uniform.
i also need a new karate gi. the Tokaido gi i usually buy is pushing the $200. mark. so i wasnt intimidated by the $140. for the venom.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also need a new karate gi. the Tokaido gi i usually buy is pushing the $200. mark. so i wasnt intimidated by the $140. for the venom.
These days, I'm using a $70 gi (actually, two of them), which I pay wholesale for, so get it for less than that. The price difference is pretty big, but if I pay $100 less every 3 years (or more, I have a fairly lightlweight gi that survived about 10 years as my primary gi), then the cost difference isn't really significant.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score

There's quite a few options with less branding if you don't like that. I prefer pretty plain myself. Keep and eye out on BJJhq.com. One item for sale each day and if it happens to be a Gi you will get a good price worth the expenditure of patience.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's quite a few options with less branding if you don't like that. I prefer pretty plain myself. Keep and eye out on BJJhq.com. One item for sale each day and if it happens to be a Gi you will get a good price worth the expenditure of patience.
Thanks - I'll watch that. Maybe I'll find a new favorite gi.

EDIT: You weren't kidding. That's a nice price on the no-gi set today. I might pick that up. Because I need more stuff. Right?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you own your own business, you should be able to get into some of the wholesale suppliers and find some "blanks" that are intended for school owners to patch up. not only will you get them for a song, but they will be patch free.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
BirthdaySup2.JPG
BirthdaySup1.JPG
Maine lobsters and Big Island beef. Leftovers for work supper. Ah well, one must make do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions