Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good evening, MT. It is rare to see me here on weekends, but I had a bit of down time. Hope everyone is doing well.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evening, MT. It is rare to see me here on weekends, but I had a bit of down time. Hope everyone is doing well.
I am. I hope you are, Steve. Maria and I are taking an easy weekend. My only big chore is clearing space for the full cord of firewood coming in Monday.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am. I hope you are, Steve. Maria and I are taking an easy weekend. My only big chore is clearing space for the full cord of firewood coming in Monday.

Doing all right, although I have this tendency to give myself lots of "Assignments" when I don't have anything to do.

Then when I have nothing to do, I complain that I am bored!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sadly, there was one project that was involuntarily taken off my plate: my webcomic. :-(

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes for some, winter is coming as is the end of hurricane season
sheesh....
in 1995 Hurricane Opal tracked her happy butt halfway up Alabama before downgrading to a tropical storm near my neighborhood, near I 20....I heard that folks in Gatlinburg Tennessee had a rough time....fallen trees and such.
And that storm wasn't even as big as what is brewing now!

And we get Winter, too! At least two weeks, every year!
We don't get an end to severe weather season though, it seems.
Hurricane season bleeds into fall tornado season, which leads into Winter, which leads into Spring Tornanado season, which bleeds into Hurricane season, maybe with a little drought thrown in...but not this year, we had more like Tornado monsoon season.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
sheesh....
in 1995 Hurricane Opal tracked her happy butt halfway up Alabama before downgrading to a tropical storm near my neighborhood, near I 20....I heard that folks in Gatlinburg Tennessee had a rough time....fallen trees and such.

Hurricane season bleeds into fall tornado season, which leads into Winter, which leads into Spring Tornanado season, which bleeds into Hurricane season, maybe with a little drought thrown in...but not this year, we had more like Tornado monsoon season.....

We get thunderstorms, occasional Tornado warnings, the rare Hurricane and months of winter with associated snow storms....it sounds to me like you need buy winter clothing, some shovels and a snowblower and then.... move north.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Winter in Seattle is dark, but usually relatively mild. A little wet. A little dark, but seldom do we have snow or ice. Best part is, I live maybe 45 minutes from the mountains for good skiing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing all right, although I have this tendency to give myself lots of "Assignments" when I don't have anything to do.

Then when I have nothing to do, I complain that I am bored!
There's some research to suggest boredom is a necessary component to creativity for most of us.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sheesh....

In 1989, Hugo hit SC. I lived in Spartanburg, SC back then. I went to bed hearing about Hugo in the lowcountry areas around Charleston, SC. I woke up hearing about Hugo in Charlotte, NC. For about a decade, you could see the damage in the treeline along I-26 in SC.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter in Seattle is dark, but usually relatively mild. A little wet. A little dark, but seldom do we have snow or ice. Best part is, I live maybe 45 minutes from the mountains for good skiing.
Sounds nice, Steve. I'd need a bit more snow. I like one or two good snowfalls a year (about what we get here). I don't want what the folks in New York or some of our other snowier states deal with, but I do like having a nice blanket of snow around me from time to time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds nice, Steve. I'd need a bit more snow. I like one or two good snowfalls a year (about what we get here). I don't want what the folks in New York or some of our other snowier states deal with, but I do like having a nice blanket of snow around me from time to time.

WHAT!!!! Oh so NY isn't GOOD ENOUGH for you...is that it!!!!!! :D

I have skiing close by in multiple directions...... and olympic ski hills within an hours drive..... so we get the occasional 3 feet of snow in one storm.....1 or on occasionally 5 times a season....so February is normally below zero....wait....I see your point

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT!!!! Oh so NY isn't GOOD ENOUGH for you...is that it!!!!!! :D

I have skiing close by in multiple directions...... and olympic ski hills within an hours drive..... so we get the occasional 3 feet of snow in one storm.....1 or on occasionally 5 times a season....so February is normally below zero....wait....I see your point
I just barely made it out ahead of that big storm that hit NY and DC a couple of winters ago. The jet I was on literally took off 2 hours late into the leading edge of it, as the first real snowfall started at Laguardia. If we'd been delayed another 30 minutes, I'd have been stuck there for 3 days.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just barely made it out ahead of that big storm that hit NY and DC a couple of winters ago. The jet I was on literally took off 2 hours late into the leading edge of it, as the first real snowfall started at Laguardia. If we'd been delayed another 30 minutes, I'd have been stuck there for 3 days.

Yeah....sure...run away and leave it to me to get it all out of my driveway by myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions