Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you own your own business, you should be able to get into some of the wholesale suppliers and find some "blanks" that are intended for school owners to patch up. not only will you get them for a song, but they will be patch free.
Do you know which suppliers would be likely to have both a wholesale program and blanks? I have a wholesale account with AWMA, but I don't think they have blanks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
manbun.png

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
all that Gi talk....
I bought a heavy weight one right before I quit training...has been hanging somewhere in my laundry room since then (almost 10 years? It sucks when the wheels fall off life)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning a promotion day in November. We will have people going to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Dan. Going to make a party of it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning a promotion day in November. We will have people going to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Dan. Going to make a party of it.
That should be a lot of fun. Parties and group gatherings are one of the things I miss, having a small program. I miss the "community" of it all.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My neighbor is Ethiopian and the food is awesome. Similar to Indian, which I also love, but more beef.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Is she heading to DC, itself, or one of the areas around it? If she's going to be anywhere near Alexandria, there's an Ethiopian restaurant there I always make time to visit.

DC, but it is a whirlwind trip and there are a whole lot of Chinese people so they will likely be looking for a Chinese place they like, which i a lot harder than one may think in DC. However I go to DC from time to time and it I go again I might jsut hit you up for the name of the place

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC, but it is a whirlwind trip and there are a whole lot of Chinese people so they will likely be looking for a Chinese place they like, which i a lot harder than one may think in DC. However I go to DC from time to time and it I go again I might jsut hit you up for the name of the place
It's worth the side trip if you get the chance.

A related thought. I worked a project many years ago just outside Toronto, Canada. There's a significant Chinese population in the area, and one of the folks we were working with (2nd generation) pointed us toward one of the restaurants they (the Chinese) like to eat at. I think it was called Congee King. The guys who went there first had no idea what congee was (and it was served at every table, regardless of what you ordered). They put it over their rice - which seemed somehow amusing to the girl who'd recommended the place. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's worth the side trip if you get the chance.

A related thought. I worked a project many years ago just outside Toronto, Canada. There's a significant Chinese population in the area, and one of the folks we were working with (2nd generation) pointed us toward one of the restaurants they (the Chinese) like to eat at. I think it was called Congee King. The guys who went there first had no idea what congee was (and it was served at every table, regardless of what you ordered). They put it over their rice - which seemed somehow amusing to the girl who'd recommended the place. :D

There are a few good Chinese places around Toronto, but we were never at Congee King, have to look for that next time, my wife like congee, it is basically a rice porridge with other stuff in it

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used to be easier but Chinatown got gentrified...

Are they going to actually be in DC, or suburbs? Might maybe have some options, in the right 'burbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions