Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Smoked a couple of brisket flats over the weekend, and cooked some sausages last night. I go back and forth between a Weber and the kamado. I like both, but I'm really starting to get the most out of the kamado.

The difference, I think, is that added a rigged up heat diffuser. I cut the handle off a cast iron skillet to use to buffer the heat. Makes all the difference in the world. It gets plenty of smoke, but minimizes flare ups and helps regulate the temperature. I can also add liquid to the pan to add more moisture to the cook, which I did for the brisket.

Going to smoke a pork shoulder next weekend. Mmmm.... pulled pork.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chilly morning here - low 50's. Very odd weather, this. We've had two days around 70F, now back up to 80F today, which is still well below normal for this time of year. Now I need to get out and buy a new pair of running shoes to take advantage. Signed up for a Tough Mudder Half (5 miles with obstacles) in October, so I have a goal to work for. I don't need to be fast, but I'd love to do it in something under an hour (running slows down considerably with all the obstacles).

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
How lovely. Court postponed again because it needs to get transferred to a different county. Meanwhile, I am still on probation and need the fewest days off possible. :-(

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, wonders never cease.

Many moons ago, a friend and I tried to start a site called WageFarer, a freelance site that is similar to Fiverr except that it offers services that have to be delivered in person. There were coding issues, and then the site got hacked. The wind got taken out of our sails.

However, recently he contacted me and wanted to resurrect it. Great news!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Making goat cheese and herb stuffed chicken breasts. Kitchen's a mess, but the house smells lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions