Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
well, I think the interview went well yesterday -
longer than I expected!! I was told about an hour
and a half and it took 2 hours and 10 minutes..
I'm hoping that's a good sign.. mostly - I really
want the chance to prove what I can do!!

I hope you get your chance, good luck.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A few days ago I mentioned dream I had about a 1958 Corvette and Mrs Xue just laughed at me when I told her we now have to buy one.

Yesterday Mrs Xue told me that if I want one I can find one and restore it, when I get closer to retirement.... said the same thing about an old Harley Davidson I was teasing her about too..... I'm thinking she forgot I was a mechanic in my youth..and that massive toolbox in our garage is simply my tool collection......she did not know me then so maybe she thinks I made it up...:D I also do not think she realizes a Corvette in the models I like; 1955 to 1967, even in need of restoration, could go for $40,000.

1955-corvette.jpg

820276501.jpg

Well she said I could :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A few days ago I mentioned dream I had about a 1958 Corvette and Mrs Xue just laughed at me when I told her we now have to buy one.

Yesterday Mrs Xue told me that if I want one I can find one and restore it, when I get closer to retirement.... said the same thing about an old Harley Davidson I was teasing her about too..... I'm thinking she forgot I was a mechanic in my youth..and that massive toolbox in our garage is simply my tool collection......she did not know me then so maybe she thinks I made it up...:D I also do not think she realizes a Corvette in the models I like; 1955 to 1967, even in need of restoration, could go for $40,000.

1955-corvette.jpg

820276501.jpg

Well she said I could :)

Corvette limo from mystery men or nothing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had odd weather today - high was about 70F (21C), with low humidity. Very low for this time of year. Had to fire up the chimnea to have dinner outside tonight. Then sat around with Mrs. K and drank whiskey and talked for a while before we came in. Nice evening.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Today was the hottest, humid, stickiest day I remember here. At least at sea level where I work. Just nasty, rash weather.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
As for me, I'm just going to sit here and have a cup of Friday afternoon tea

What kind of tea? I have been getting sucked into the whole Chinese tea thing over the last few weeks......good stuff is pricey.....yikes

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, and Hudson Valley emailed to ask if I was okay with doing the class on October 5, 12, and 19.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just listened to an episode of the now defunct radio show Beyond the Wall of Sleep.

First song: the Cure, "100 Years."

Oddly enough, that is how long this day feels!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
May have found a place to get things like old Corvettes and old Harleys, that need restoration.... Mrs Xue knows not what she has done.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Geez, man, and I can get in trouble for going to Wing Chun class "too much!" My girlfriend should consider herself lucky!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Winding down the day, laughing at several humorous texts from my ex-wife's new boyfriend. I love the technology tough guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.