Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just unlocked the achievement of making 10 posts on the webcomic site.

Doesn't mean anything. They ought to make you earn discounts on hosting or something when you unlock an achievement. LOL

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making goat cheese and herb stuffed chicken breasts. Kitchen's a mess, but the house smells lovely.
That post makes me wonder if you cook like me. My wife laments the state of the kitchen after I'm in there. She must really like my cooking, because she keeps sending me back in there.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just realized

Blackened catfish yesterday for lunch

Grilled chicken for supper

Grilled Trout for lunch today

And fried catfish planned for lunch tomorrow.....I need some red meat in my diet.

I guess I will have to grill me a steak tonight.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whew! Just did an Insanity Max 30 workout called Tabata Strength. You do an exercise for 30 seconds: 20 seconds is working out, then 10 seconds of rest. They got to a series where each exercise started in plank position, which is normally my downfall, but to my surprise I made it through! I did not need to take any breaks until 21 minutes 3 seconds. Even when I did rest, I made myself get back into it within 5-10 seconds. I'd say that I took maybe 1 minute of breaks more than the people in the video. Not bad!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any fun plans for the weekend?
My dad is in town, so we're going to wander around downtown Asheville today, probably wander Hendersonville tomorrow, or maybe go for a hike. The latter depends upon my success finding new trail running shoes and/or hiking boots this afternoon.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew! Just did an Insanity Max 30 workout called Tabata Strength. You do an exercise for 30 seconds: 20 seconds is working out, then 10 seconds of rest. They got to a series where each exercise started in plank position, which is normally my downfall, but to my surprise I made it through! I did not need to take any breaks until 21 minutes 3 seconds. Even when I did rest, I made myself get back into it within 5-10 seconds. I'd say that I took maybe 1 minute of breaks more than the people in the video. Not bad!
I personally really like Tabata. If I'm in town a while, I might go back and see if the Tabata class I went to a few times still exists.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just realized

Blackened catfish yesterday for lunch

Grilled chicken for supper

Grilled Trout for lunch today

And fried catfish planned for lunch tomorrow.....I need some red meat in my diet.

I guess I will have to grill me a steak tonight.
I had a similar realization when planning yesterday's dinner. With a similar result.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to an appointment for an educational evaluation for my son. I went into the waiting room. My ex-wife and her thug boyfriend are there. I sit down and start reading a newspaper. The boyfriend starts talking about all the BS going on between us is effecting my son. He tells me to be a "man" and a "real father."

I said, "A real father, like you...going away to jail for assault for 10 years of his life?"

He says he went to jail for protecting his family, and if I know what's good for me, I will keep my mouth shut or he'll break my head open. Little does he know, I have my phone recording in my pocket. I play it back later, and you can hear his threats plain as day. Later on, I call Colonie PD and file a report.

Someday soon, I may have to find out whether I actually have any fighting skill or not. It'll be the first time I have ever used my Wing Chun training in a full-blown fights. There have been little tiffs over the year where I have used them, but never a true fight. Make no mistake: I am not saying I'm looking forward to proving this. I'm just saying I sense it coming.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who needs fighting skills when you have a san setsu kon :D

But seriously though that guy is a real problem. Hope everything works out well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions