Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Growing up, my best friend's dad had one of these in his workshop. If I'd had the money, I might have been able to talk him out of it.

I just told Mrs Xue that we now have to buy one, and I found one, that looks a lot like that for a paltry fee of $80,000....she laughed at me....

In my youth, back when I was a mechanic, talking with the owner of the car, I came darn close to buying one of these

porsche-preview.jpg

However upon close inspection..... I found the bondo in the roof he used to try and hide the fact that he had once rolled it. It was the early 80s and even then a Porsche 356, for less that $500, was quite the draw, but the whole being rolled bit changed my mind

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good morning, MT.

I had yesterday off. Wen to my 11 year old son's graduation ceremony. (He is going to middle school.)

Then I went to pick up my 8 year old son for a doctor's appointment. He wasn't there, so I had to have some back and forth with his mother. She doesn't seem to understand "joint legal custody," even though I have tried defining it for her. But hey...if she won't listen to me, then we can go back to court so the judge can explain it to her.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Listening to the Smiths' album STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME streaming in its entirety on YouTube. Before that it was the first three Echo and the Bunnymen albums.

Got to love an unblocked YouTube.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
On my breaks today I am going through and revising a novella called "Maybe the Dream Knows What's Real," because I intend to publish it (in serialized format) on a website within the next month or so.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my breaks today I am going through and revising a novella called "Maybe the Dream Knows What's Real," because I intend to publish it (in serialized format) on a website within the next month or so.
Where can I find some of your published writings, Steve?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Anything in print I could go looking for?

In print? Um...boy.

You might want to try doing a Google search of a place called Conceit Magazine. This is an umbrella name for a place that actually publishes under several OTHER monikers such as "Enchanted Filing Cabinet" and "Spontaneous Spirits." They have published some of my work.

Also, I have two books on Amazon: THE SEARCH FOR THE WARRIOR'S PATH (a martial arts book) and FOR THOSE IN SHADOWS (a book of poetry).

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
The majority of places where I have been published are very small magazines who don't have the largest print runs whenever they produce issues. Also, with the rising cost of printing, not a lot of places even bother printing anymore.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I needed to post once more to hit 2,750. Now that the number is even, I can stop for the day. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In print? Um...boy.

You might want to try doing a Google search of a place called Conceit Magazine. This is an umbrella name for a place that actually publishes under several OTHER monikers such as "Enchanted Filing Cabinet" and "Spontaneous Spirits." They have published some of my work.

Also, I have two books on Amazon: THE SEARCH FOR THE WARRIOR'S PATH (a martial arts book) and FOR THOSE IN SHADOWS (a book of poetry).
Cool. I'll see if I can dig up anything from conceit, first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions