Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who needs fighting skills when you have a san setsu kon :D

But seriously though that guy is a real problem. Hope everything works out well for you

Oh, it will. See, a lot of my confrontations with them have been through text or over the phone, so he thought I was a pushover in person. Yesterday was the first time I "dared" to talk back to his face. I think now he sees I'm not scared, even though he's probably a foot taller and 30-40 pounds heavier. When it comes to my son, I won't back down no matter how big, tall, and ugly someone is.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses. That's all I get from you West-coast people. :p
We routinely get conference calls scheduled by folks on the East Coast for 5 or 6am my time. And I've learned to clarify what people mean by 'close of business." Because there can be a significant difference between when they leave work and when I do. :)

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is nobody on here to entertain me when I wake up too early? What's up with you people, anyway?

are-you-not-entertained-gif-2.gif

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good day shooting......

Better day eating fried catfish, fried boudin balls, French fries, hush puppies, and bannana pudding....

Absolutely miserable post lunch

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Picked up two good looking, wild caught Alaskan salmon (copper river) and will be grilling them on Sunday.

Catfish done right, with hush puppies, takes me back to when I was a kid living in Louisiana.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last time I was in Louisiana I had me some crawdads, hush puppies and dirty rice. Yummmmm.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Last time I was in Louisiana I had me some crawdads, hush puppies and dirty rice. Yummmmm.
That sounds delicious. As a kid, I can't remember if it was in Shreveport or Baton Rouge (we lived in both places) but there was a restaurant that served "All You Can Eat" crab and crawfish from time to time. We had 4 boys in the house. I was about 6, and my brothers were 7, 15 and 16. We got our money's worth.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That sounds delicious. As a kid, I can't remember if it was in Shreveport or Baton Rouge (we lived in both places) but there was a restaurant that served "All You Can Eat" crab and crawfish from time to time. We had 4 boys in the house. I was about 6, and my brothers were 7, 15 and 16. We got our money's worth.

I'll bet you did!

Went through southern Louisiana in 94. Partied in New Orleans for a few days, then went across the southern part of the state headed west. I absolutely love the food in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.

Broke down in Southern Louisiana in 03. We were pulling a camper and blew the radiator. Stayed at a camp ground on a lake - that had all kinds of good eats. Rather than hurrying, we moseyed. Stayed a few extra days, eating, hanging out and walking the dogs. Had a lot of great fish, met some really nice people.
Good times.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'll bet you did!

Went through southern Louisiana in 94. Partied in New Orleans for a few days, then went across the southern part of the state headed west. I absolutely love the food in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.

Broke down in Southern Louisiana in 03. We were pulling a camper and blew the radiator. Stayed at a camp ground on a lake - that had all kinds of good eats. Rather than hurrying, we moseyed. Stayed a few extra days, eating, hanging out and walking the dogs. Had a lot of great fish, met some really nice people.
Good times.
I haven't been to that part of the country as an adult, but have fond memories from childhood. I spent a lot more time in Texas. That place... I have a love/hate relationship with Texas. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We routinely get conference calls scheduled by folks on the East Coast for 5 or 6am my time. And I've learned to clarify what people mean by 'close of business." Because there can be a significant difference between when they leave work and when I do. :)
Yeah, we usually get the better end of the time difference, though I've had to hang around for an occasional 8PM conference call with folks at your end of the world.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, we usually get the better end of the time difference, though I've had to hang around for an occasional 8PM conference call with folks at your end of the world.
We get to watch football from 10am to 7pm every Sunday. And Monday night football comes on at about 6pm. There are advantages.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get to watch football from 10am to 7pm every Sunday. And Monday night football comes on at about 6pm. There are advantages.
I remember loving that when I've been on that coast. Monday night football is too late for me when I have something to do the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions