Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I was never there before...2013, I think. Is this a return home for them, or an entirely new adventure, just to escape the furnace that calls itself Phoenix?
All of the above. I was very impressed with all of the improvements to the city. I had a great time paying too much for souvenirs on the river walk and in la villages.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the above. I was very impressed with all of the improvements to the city. I had a great time paying too much for souvenirs on the river walk and in la villages.
I've been to San Antonio in June and to Phoenix in June. It's like the two are on different planets. I remember getting up at 4:30 in the morning in Phoenix in July, and it was already 90 degrees.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know! Its pretty great huh? On mornings like that. by the time 1:00pm comes around it should be better. The chances of getting a breeze is unlikley and there probably wont be a lot of clouds if any. But aside from that it should be pretty good

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Had a toothache since Saturday night. Heading to the dentist in a couple hours. I've never been so happy to go to the dentist before.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck at the dentist appointment!
stock-photo-portrait-of-crazy-dentist-with-drill-126307529.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good luck at the dentist appointment!
stock-photo-portrait-of-crazy-dentist-with-drill-126307529.jpg

Other than my wife, it's one of the few things in life that frightens me. They called, told me to come in early. Just went - they're sending me to another one in a few hours. Now I'm scared all over again.

As for your post, Donald - you no good rat bastard. :)

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Other than my wife, it's one of the few things in life that frightens me. They called, told me to come in early. Just went - they're sending me to another one in a few hours. Now I'm scared all over again.

Let your faith be stronger than your fear Sir! :) (and I agree about Donald!)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score

well thankyou kind sir I do try. However I prefer the term "mostly no good" every once and a while something good accidently happens

Hopefully everything went well at the dentist (note: that is not sarcasm but in fact a genuine response)

The only thing left to do now is visit the doctor
crazy-doctors-9072916.jpg

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
If I don't hurt myself between now and then, tonight will be the first sparring class in a long while, due to the knee injury.....I have to say I'm a bit apprehensive....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have absolutely no drive, no desire and no energy to do anything today...and I have lots to do...so I must force myself......I really do not like days like this

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have to take a break form school and the MS degree. We are short handed at work and I have to relearn some old skills to fill in. Been years since I did an VB (Visual Basic) and now I have to try and learn VBA (VB for Applications) and I have to get back into Microsoft PowerShell, it will speed things up and that will make my life easier. I hope to be back at the school in a couple months

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I don't hurt myself between now and then, tonight will be the first sparring class in a long while, due to the knee injury.....I have to say I'm a bit apprehensive....

Been there. If you weren't apprehensive, you'd probably be dead, or really disconnected.. Slow and steady, bro.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Been there. If you weren't apprehensive, you'd probably be dead, or really disconnected.. Slow and steady, bro.

Fairly banged up today but overall I was pleased after not sparring for a couple of months......I could also see that some of the bag work I have been doing is helping with timing and combos.....now if I could only find that bottle of ibuprofen.....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I so don't want to go to work today. Two days of dental surgery has me whining. But two guys have already banged in and I'm the new guy. (you know how that goes). The pain isn't too bad, better than it was, but I can't take painkillers carrying a firearm. Can't really speak well, can't open my jaw much. Should make for some really stupid radio communications. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions