Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I so don't want to go to work today. Two days of dental surgery has me whining. But two guys have already banged in and I'm the new guy. (you know how that goes). The pain isn't too bad, better than it was, but I can't take painkillers carrying a firearm. Can't really speak well, can't open my jaw much. Should make for some really stupid radio communications. ;)
What a life! :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I so don't want to go to work today. Two days of dental surgery has me whining. But two guys have already banged in and I'm the new guy. (you know how that goes). The pain isn't too bad, better than it was, but I can't take painkillers carrying a firearm. Can't really speak well, can't open my jaw much. Should make for some really stupid radio communications. ;)

I had a friend who was an LEO (now retired) who said he never called in sick when he was hurting or sick...he wanted to go in and share the pain....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had a friend who was an LEO (now retired) who said he never called in sick when he was hurting or sick...he wanted to go in and share the pain....

I've known a few like that. F, em. I want all my guys to be upbeat and comfortable, if not almost happy. Makes for a better day, easier to help folks, and easier to respond when necessary. (IMO, anyway.)
I'm just a walkin' bundle of puppies. :)

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score

Now there's a comedy sketch if ever I've seen one ;)

"Pshut your Handsh in the shair!"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hurting all over...
Not sure if I caught the tail end of summer flu, or if the flushot from yesterday isn't agreeing with me....

I guess ibuprofene, hot shower and a hot taddy....we'll find out tomorrow...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Tonight..... I will be..... a pin cushion.....
Acupuncture for my knee and hips..... man this LPTv5 is really starting to sound like a bunch of beat up foggies :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've always thought it made more sense to call in well. "I'm sorry, but the day is too beautiful and I'm too happy to spoil it by coming to work."
It's a condition I refer to as "rectal glaucoma", because sometimes you just can't see your *** going to work.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've always thought it made more sense to call in well. "I'm sorry, but the day is too beautiful and I'm too happy to spoil it by coming to work."
It's a condition I refer to as "rectal glaucoma", because sometimes you just can't see your *** going to work.

I so laughed when I read that. I'll tell you a funny story...

I used to work for a very powerful corporate entity. Once in a while they would hire people as political favors and place them in powerful positions for a year, so they could have it on their resume and move upward, laterally, somewhere else. So they appoint this nitwit who decides he's going to to clean up the attendance problem. Except we didn't have an attendance problem. Not even a little one. He put in a rule that when we called in sick, we had to give the medical reason why, in detail. (a direct violation of the HIPPA laws)

We (federal cops) laughed our collective butts off. I said I'd fire the first salvo the next morning. A female cop, Betty, asked me what time I'd call in - as she would call in five minutes later and put an end to it with a flourish and a serious f'n bang. I called in sick, with anal glaucoma, and stated exactly what you said when dispatch asked what the medical reason was.

She calls in sick five minutes later. When asked why by dispatch, what the medical condition is, she starts to sob. Explains (between gasps and sobs, all RECORDED) that she has a vaginal discharge that's just wrong, and starts crying loudly, then hangs up. She immediately calls Human Resources, which just happens to be ninety percent female. Their office was directly above our floor. From what I was told, you could hear a dozen chairs behind shoved back from their desks, as a crazed and irate dozen human resource folks charged down to our floor, yelling, "are you people out of your God damn minds?"

The nitwit appointee was immediately canned. Betty got a month off with pay and man, they treaded carefully around her from there on out. And we just started to bang in sick every other day just for sheets and giggles.

I admire the heck out of Betty. She was a good cop, and she absolutely rocked.
Score one for the workers!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I worked at a hospital and I was in the security office. We had a new secretary and one of the guys called in sick, he had a horrible toothache..... we all just broke out laughing.... the new secretary got very mad at us and began telling us "it was not funny" and how "toothaches can be serious pain"..... after she went on for a bit... and then sat down..... that is when we told her the guy had a full set of false teeth and did not have a single tooth in his head.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
good morning.
managed to get in half a movie before Mr Gran rose....
(but seriously, I am having acquired ADHD again, can't sit though a full length movie anymore...:(

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the kid to play at a,nearby Pumpkin Patch. Carved, painted and otherwise decorated pumpkins. Now we're at the playground. Oh, and my knee hurts, joints are achy, and I can feel my kidneys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
3 little bushes in my back yard, full of weeds and vines...so I decide I need to remove them..... so I try....apparently yellow jackets love the them....one of the little buggers stung me at the base of my middle finger on my right hand...about 6 hours ago.....still hurts a bit too

I shall be filling those bushes with wasp spray this week

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hunted my badge for work for about an hour.....
THEN I checked the car.
To my defense, I never leave it in there, as it has electronic components ( for swiping at locked doors, etc, nurses can unlock their computers with it) that don't like heat.....
Husband was not amused....:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions