veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Punching arms/ hands is a reasonable technique, ? Skin Tears Are not a man stopper on their own but that add to the physical and mental damage of your opponent, fighting like any other competitive physical activity has a strong Mental eliment

Against multiple resisting opponents, in street fights etc ect.

They are low percentage, try pinching a softball on a string while a guy tries to hit you.

Bro there's multiple examples of skin tears failing in vale tudo, its pain it doesnt matter.
That's not even factoring in the reduced pain response under adrenaline.
Guy skin tears me? Awesome he's tying up a hand trying to inflict pain.

Let's take an example.

Mount

Ask Andy Norman what "a blood borne stop and drop process is."

This entire thing is very clearly staged, Rubens neck is already red and his pain response is very slow which tells us he's acting.

Why is andy focusing on pain response and strikes? He's a purple belt under Rigan, he should know getting out of mount is more important.

Why is Rubens posture and bicep control so bad?

Do you train defense lab?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Against multiple resisting opponents, in street fights etc ect.

They are low percentage, try pinching a softball on a string while a guy tries to hit you.

Bro there's multiple examples of skin tears failing in vale tudo, its pain it doesnt matter.
That's not even factoring in the reduced pain response under adrenaline.
Guy skin tears me? Awesome he's tying up a hand trying to inflict pain.

Let's take an example.

Mount

Ask Andy Norman what "a blood borne stop and drop process is."

This entire thing is very clearly staged, Rubens neck is already red and his pain response is very slow which tells us he's acting.

Why is andy focusing on pain response and strikes? He's a purple belt under Rigan, he should know getting out of mount is more important.

Why is Rubens posture and bicep control so bad?

Do you train defense lab?
But bJj,won't work against multiple opponents in a street fight, the truth is nothing will, unless you are very strong and very fast,, but going to ground is a suicide note

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Separate people bro...

Why are you not answering anything i ask you?

"Nothing will"

Fighting multiple people is drilled in from the start in defense lab,its the core principle which tells me you've never tried it.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Separate people bro...

Why are you not answering anything i ask you?

"Nothing will"

Fighting multiple people is drilled in from the start in defense lab,its the core principle which tells me you've never tried it.
Because your not dealing with any of the issues I raise, you just keep changing the topic, and as I've said fighting 2or three people is possible if you have significant physical advantages, more than that and you will most probably lose, that's a fact, that's true of any art. Yet a great many of them train multiple opponents,

If you go to ground bjj, style then you will lose if you have physical advantages of not,, someone will hit you Over the head with a bar stool or what ever.

You have been saying bjj, is just better than dl, yet it clearly isn't for mutiples, so that's that one dealt with

So let's get back to whY you think it's betteR one on one. I asked how your tested it, but you didn't bother to reply, to that crucial point

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Because you're not using logical arguments.

I've used JJJ/bjj against resisting opponents in KJJ/bjj sessions and street fights, the goal of bjj isn't for me to deliberately take the fight to the ground its to use correct positioning to get back up if taken to the ground.

What does defense lab offer me in terms of ground fighting that isn't covered by JJJ/bjj?

What belt are you in defense lab?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because you're not using logical arguments.

I've used JJJ/bjj against resisting opponents in KJJ/bjj sessions and street fights, the goal of bjj isn't for me to deliberately take the fight to the ground its to use correct positioning to get back up if taken to the ground.

What does defense lab offer me in terms of ground fighting that isn't covered by JJJ/bjj?

What belt are you in defense lab?
So tell me about the calibre of your street fight oppoinents, tell me, I've won street fights when I had no training at all, how does your street fights prove that bjj, is better than no training

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
So tell me about the calibre of your street fight oppoinents, tell me, I've won street fights when I had no training at all, how does your street fights prove that bjj, is better than no training

Because it teaches how to escape a mount for one. WHAT DOES DEFENSE LAB OFFER ME AND HAVE YOU TRAINED IT?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because it teaches how to escape a mount for one. WHAT DOES DEFENSE LAB OFFER ME AND HAVE YOU TRAINED IT?
But I've won street fights and Never had to escape from a mount,You don't need to if you knock them over before they get near you so again why is BJj,better than no training in your extensive experience of street fights, and you still haven't said how you rate the calibre of your opponents they might be 140lb drunks

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
But I've won street fights and Never had to escape from a mount,You don't need to if you knock them over before they get near you so again why is BJj,better than no training in your extensive experience of street fights, and you still haven't said how you rate the calibre of your opponents they might be 140lb drunks

That's completely anecdotal, I've had situations where in had to escape a mount.

So your logic is don't bother learning it?

I didn't bother to ask them what thier life story is
You're completely derailing this conversation.

What does defense lab offer me that JJ doesn't why are their techniques better?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's completely anecdotal, I've had situations where in had to escape a mount.

So your logic is don't bother learning it?

I didn't bother to ask them what thier life story is
You're completely derailing this conversation.

What does defense lab offer me that JJ doesn't why are their techniques better?

Your claims are completely anecdotal as well and you started it, If you learnt to punch / fight properly you wouldNt be in a mount,,,,ok objective evidence only, , you demonstratE that bjj, is better than dl, for self defence, best of luckk, you can't even demonstratE,bjj,is better than nothing,

Last edited:

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Your claims are completely anecdotal as well and you started it, If you learnt to punch / fight properly you wouldNt be in a mount,,,,ok objective evidence only, , you demonstratE that bjj, is better than dl, for self defence, best of luckk, you can't even demonstratE,bjj,is better than nothing,

No I'm trying to ask you objectively what does defense lab offer me?

Answer the question.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No I'm trying to ask you objectively what does defense lab offer me?

Answer the question.
i haven't made any claims for or against defence lab, nothing, your the,one making claims you cant back up.

you've CLAIMED that bjj , is better for self defence, now I'm asking you to support that with objective evidence, which by you faffing, about changing topic it seems you can't do!

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
i haven't made any claims for or against defence lab, nothing, your the,one making claims you cant back up.

you've CLAIMED that bjj , is better for self defence, now I'm asking you to support that with objective evidence, which by you faffing, about changing topic it seems you can't do!

Defence lab takes BJJ techniques and adds dirty fighting to them, this does not improve or enhance them in any way other than pain response.

Pain response is very very unreliable.

Defense lab will also opt to go for a technique such as face grabbing or striking from under mount rather than using actually tested techniques demonstrated by its parent art.

Why is BJJ better than nothing? Thats one of the stupidest lovely questions ive ever seen.

You get tackled, thanks for the guillotine.
Mounted cool ive escaped this literally 100's of times and i trained how to do it under pressure.

How do you escape a guy sat on your chest or defend a tackle?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Defence lab takes BJJ techniques and adds dirty fighting to them, this does not improve or enhance them in any way other than pain response.

Pain response is very very unreliable.

Defense lab will also opt to go for a technique such as face grabbing or striking from under mount rather than using actually tested techniques demonstrated by its parent art.

Why is BJJ better than nothing? Thats one of the stupidest lovely questions ive ever seen.

You get tackled, thanks for the guillotine.
Mounted cool ive escaped this literally 100's of times and i trained how to do it under pressure.

How do you escape a guy sat on your chest or defend a tackle?
I Thought you were Bringing of obective evidence, That's just opinion.
Ok here an indisputable fact, more street fights are won by people who haven't train d bjj, , Than by those who have,so what measure have you used to establish Bjj, is better at street fights than actual street fighting? It's a fair question

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok here an indisputable fact, more street fights are won by people who haven't train d bjj, , Than by those who have,so what measure have you used to establish Bjj, is better at street fights than actual street fighting? It's a fair question

That the percentage of success is likely higher if you have stress tested and have applied on resisting opponents.

So objectively does it give me an advantage yes , otherwise why do systems of fighting exist at all?

How does an untrained person defend a tackle? or being mounted? the answer is they unusually don't and lose.

Case in point, even so much as knowing not to turn your back and bridge out would have helped this guy.

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score

Now back to the topic in hand, why is defense lab better than BJJ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That the percentage of success is likely higher if you have stress tested and have applied on resisting opponents.

So objectively does it give me an advantage yes , otherwise why do systems of fighting exist at all?

How does an untrained person defend a tackle? or being mounted? the answer is they unusually don't and lose.

Case in point, even so much as knowing not to turn your back and bridge out would have helped this guy.
But you've only stress tested it against other bjj, etc and a few, but an unspecified number of drunks, ,
Defending tackles is to really only required if your fighting a bjj, we or similar, it's a pointless skill of your having a fight in a pub car park and your attacker has a pool cue getting out of a mount is a pointless skill of your attackers stands up and kicks you instead

My is defend tackles the same way I did playing rugby, smash them in the face with my knee

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now back to the topic in hand, why is defense lab better than BJJ?
I don't think it's better, I thinK bjj,and dl, are as bad as each other, one doesn't stress test and the other doesn't teach you to actually fight someone, so both rubish, if I had to pick on it would be dl, as if you did test it, it would be a much more rounded set of skills

Last edited:

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
But you've only stress tested it against other bjj, etc and a few, but an unspecified number of drunks, ,
Defending tackles is to really only required if your fighting a bjj, we or similar, it's a pointless skill of your having a fight in a pub car park and your attacker has a pool cue getting out of a mount is a pointless skill of your attackers stands up and kicks you instead

My is defend tackles the same way I did playing rugby, smash them in the face with my knee

Thats why you round your training out with a striking art.

If you had ever trained defense lab youd never ever say that.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thats why you round your training out with a striking art.

If you had ever trained defense lab youd never ever say that.
like i just said bjj, is USELESS, on its own, it seems you agree.
if you add an art to dl,say boxing its still superior. To bjj, with what ever art to add to it.

Latest Discussions