veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score

Ok. we will put an actual time line on it.

For us we can put in a person off the street and throw him in a full contact fight against another first time fighter in about 12 weeks.

But it will generally take five to ten years to be a decent pro fighter or win a belt.

So defence cab can do precisely what by when?

To keep it on topic good question.

The white belt grading that is 12 Weeks in you dont really pressure test anything beyond being hit with pads.

You then have to show your ability on pads, then being hit with pads.

At no point are you really fighting a resisting opponent.

The grading covers getting up while hit, demonstrating fighting on a wall while being hit with pads and bring able to show a few pad drills.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To keep it on topic good question.

The white belt grading that is 12 Weeks in you dont really pressure test anything beyond being hit with pads.

You then have to show your ability on pads, then being hit with pads.

At no point are you really fighting a resisting opponent.

The grading covers getting up while hit, demonstrating fighting on a wall while being hit with pads and bring able to show a few pad drills.
But I'm make the same point I made earlier, that is equally true of many tma,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But thats not how they sell it to you, i dont know how big it is in the UK or Spain but it sells itself as a new art.
It maybe a new art,, but it has the same problem as all the old arts, you can't actually Poke people in the eyeFor real,
It's scenario based, anything scenario based already has the winner selected.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But I'm make the same point I made earlier, that is equally true of many tma,

Which is nice. But just because others have the same method doesn't make that method any good.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well no it's as good or bad as very nearly everything else

Even if nearly everything is bad. That still doesn't validate the process

Nearly everyone is fat. That doesn't make you skinny.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even if nearly everything is bad. That still doesn't validate the process

Nearly everyone is fat. That doesn't make you skinny.
But I am skinny, ?

The whole ma world is packed full of untested systems, you seem to be singling this one out in particular,,

No one is going to progress through that and be an mma, star, but that doesn't make it bad, it just makes it unproven

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
But I am skinny, ?

The whole ma world is packed full of untested systems, you seem to be singling this one out in particular,,

No one is going to progress through that and be an mma, star, but that doesn't make it bad, it just makes it unproven

You know defence lab used to sell itself as an MMA programme right? and it still says it has anti BJJ tactics?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But I am skinny, ?

What is the title of the thread?

Unproven makes it bad. So if I get to choose five things to eat. Some will help. Some will do nothing and some will poison me. And i don't know which is which. That is a bad system.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is the title of the thread?

Unproven makes it bad. So if I get to choose five things to eat. Some will help. Some will do nothing and some will poison me. And i don't know which is which. That is a bad system.
That's silly , very little in the world is proven, you don't know that your car will start in the morning, you don't know that your computer will switch on and you definitely don't know that your cheese sandwich won't kill you.

Competition bjj, only has a 50% success rate, so it's proven not to work half the time, that is a bad system

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well it isn't now, and it does have anti bBj, tatics

Uh yes it does, its called combat sports and they don't work its stupid stuff like skin tears and punching hands when you post.

You really think you don't get skin tears or accidental knees to the groin when rolling in ordinary jujitsu?

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's silly , very little in the world is proven, you don't know that your car will start in the morning, you don't know that your computer will switch on and you definitely don't know that your cheese sandwich won't kill you.

If I correctly maintain my car the odds are in my favour.

How do I pop the hood and change the oil? Do I read the instructions and do it or should I do drills if me emulating opening it?

When I put in the oil do I use a know brand or the flashy brand endorsed by celebrities that was never tested?

Competition bjj, only has a 50% success rate, so it's proven not to work half the time, that is a bad system

But with classic/bjj I know that I've tested it and what I can apply, what grade are you in defense lab/kfm? I've seen the entire syllabus and instructor material.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Uh yes it does, its called combat sports and they don't work its stupid stuff like skin tears and punching hands when you post.

You really think you don't get skin tears or accidental knees to the groin when rolling in ordinary jujitsu?
Punching arms/ hands is a reasonable technique, ? Skin Tears Are not a man stopper on their own but that add to the physical and mental damage of your opponent, fighting like any other competitive physical activity has a strong Mental eliment