MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beautiful! :asian:

OP
kuntawguro

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments- what have you done in regards to bringing the asian influence into your homes?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
How far is too far? You haven't even got close yet. Your place looks great.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's funny when I think about how long MA's have been an intregal part of my life and yet the only thing I have in my house that is "asian" is a shadow box with a Kukri, my first two gold medals from the national championships, and my first blackbelt displayed in my rather "European traditional" study (dark oak rolltop desk, antique map on the wall, etc.)

same thing with my Motorcycle and rockclimbing passions - they tend to stay rather compartmentalized and don't make much of an im[pact on my home decor.

am I weird? (well, yes I am, but am I more weird than I thought?) lol

I'm with you, besides my collection of books on martial arts and eastern philosophies, there is not much evidence that I train in the martial arts in my home. When not training, I keep my iaito in the closet with my dobak. Much of the art on the wall is contemporary and alot of pictures of the family. There are also those of religious significance. I do have some trinkets that my mother-in-law gave us when she lived in Singapore, but that is about it.

So in the contemporary world of the non-martial artist, we are alarmingly normal. But to the general student of the arts, we must seem rather odd.