jjimjilbang

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I had to google that one. In Northern Virginia, they are usually referred to as saunas. No, I never did visit one in Korea, I never had the need to.

I have been to a couple in Northern Virginia. One is a small one, that I like. It is closer to the older traditional type. The other is of the type that has several rooms with different specialties. The rooms are for both sexes as people wear robes. There is a common area with TV and a cafeteria at one end. Of course, it also has separate sex dressing rooms with hot baths, and steam and dry hot rooms. Both offer scrubs (exfoliation), and massages. The larger one also has segregated sleeping rooms and offers all night stays for extra money. There is also one Korean sauna specific to women. My wife has been to it a couple of times, but it isn't preferred by her.

Have you been to any? What was your opinion of them?

I suspect there are others in the USA where there are sizable Korean populations. I have heard of a large and popular one in NJ. Surely there must also some in NY City and California.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you have been to Korea, or a Korea Town in your country, have you ever been to a Jjimjilbang?

If you have been to them in Korea, do you just visit a short while, or do you also sleep there for the night?
Yes, I have been to these...love them. I just visit for a few hours though I do not sleep overnight. These are great especially after a night of drinking. ha.ha.ha..

Latest Discussions