It's gotta happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emptyglass

Dan Anderson said:
I have been thinking of doing #2 here in the Pacific Northwest if the interest is there. Let's see if this thread sparks interest or not.

Since there were a number of us who got many different things from PRof. Presas, I think the differences ins instructions styles alone would make it interesting. I don't think you could get 6 more different people in one room than Tim, Kelly, Bram, Dieter, Dr. Schea and myself. It could really rock.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Senior Master Dan:

If I am welcome, I will do my best to attend and support this event if I am able.

Rich Curren

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
This is what I meant. Some of the people who taught at the 1st event weren't even black belts in Modern Arnis.

Respetfully yours, :asian:
DTJH

P.S. - I'm off to bed.
Who might those be? As far as I knew, everyone was at least a Black belt in Modern Arnis, though they might not have been 'ranked' by RP himself.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
BTW, how is it that so many of your posts got reshuffled? I have been watching this thread and suddenly you have posts ahead of others that weren't there before this last hit?
Some stuff runs on timers, and occasuionally a post gets stuck in the queue until we release it. I've been reading this thread though, and haven't noticed any reshuffling myself. At the top-right corner are post#'s. Can you PM me what switched around and I'll check the logs.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
Who might those be? As far as I knew, everyone was at least a Black belt in Modern Arnis, though they might not have been 'ranked' by RP himself.

We can go back and forth on this and both sides won’t agree. I was explaining my comments based on experiences in the past that some of the viewers might not have read. I’m not going to turn this into something it’s not.

Paul,
Rich P. and Paul J should be coming to Buffalo in August. I suggest that you and Tom should stop by the school at that time so we can all discuss this face to face and clear up some of this history.

Rich,
I will be in your area in August and I was already planning on trying to meet with you for coffee or something.

I feel that we have a better chance of putting things to rest after some personal face to face communication. I have said since the beginning on MT that the written format leaves out a lot of facial expressions as well as the tone of one voice.

Dan,
As I said the other day, I do support your efforts on this project. This thread has a lot of information, both good and bad. It can be a very good tool to help your event happen.

Good Luck.
:asian:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan my suggestions:

1. Have only one instructor teaching at a time. This way no one has to choose who to see or not.

2. Schedule breaks for meals. This way no one was to miss any session.

3. You should probably have 10 minute breaks throughout the day so people can take notes, water breaks and buy your book. (see how even I can slip in a shameless plug for Dan’s book)

4. Try to have the event near a hotel to cut down traveling for the out of towners.

These are a couple thoughts, I have more but I’m off to the school. This working for a living can pain.

Respectfully yours, :asian:

E

Emptyglass

Datu Puti said:
Rich,
I will be in your area in August and I was already planning on trying to meet with you for coffee or something.

I really wanted to go to your seminar at AcroCombat. Unfortunately I'm going to be working doing online coverage for a company event in Boston at Waters Edge at Bayside on August 6-8th. I tried to rearrange the schedule or get one of my employees to go but the tickets are already bought. Some other time would be fine as I'm more than willing to meet with you face to face for a chat.

Rich Curren

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Emptyglass said:
I really wanted to go to your seminar at AcroCombat. Unfortunately I'm going to be working doing online coverage for a company event in Boston at Waters Edge at Bayside on August 6-8th. I tried to rearrange the schedule or get one of my employees to go but the tickets are already bought. Some other time would be fine as I'm more than willing to meet with you face to face for a chat.

Rich Curren

Actually I was refering to GM Bobby's seminar on the 22nd.

E

Emptyglass

Datu Puti said:
Actually I was refering to GM Bobby's seminar on the 22nd.

Well I'll definitely be there for that one. Sounds fine to me and that reminds me of something as well...

Rich Curren

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
We can go back and forth on this and both sides won’t agree. I was explaining my comments based on experiences in the past that some of the viewers might not have read. I’m not going to turn this into something it’s not.

Paul,
Rich P. and Paul J should be coming to Buffalo in August. I suggest that you and Tom should stop by the school at that time so we can all discuss this face to face and clear up some of this history.

Rich,

I feel that we have a better chance of putting things to rest after some personal face to face communication. I have said since the beginning on MT that the written format leaves out a lot of facial expressions as well as the tone of one voice.

Dan,
As I said the other day, I do support your efforts on this project. This thread has a lot of information, both good and bad. It can be a very good tool to help your event happen.

Good Luck.

Tim,

Outstanding jesture!

Palusut :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
Paul,

BTW, when did you become a mod?

Respectfully your, :asian:

He isn't a mod. He's simply making an attempt to keep the thread on track, so it wont get closed. Take a look at some of the other threads on MT and you'll see how they have a remarkable way to get off the topic!!!

Mike

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
He isn't a mod. He's simply making an attempt to keep the thread on track, so it wont get closed. Take a look at some of the other threads on MT and you'll see how they have a remarkable way to get off the topic!!!

Mike

Mike,

I was joking. I helped Bob build MT, I know exactly how threads are lead astray.

Respecfully yours, :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
Mike,

I was joking. I helped Bob build MT, I know exactly how threads are lead astray.

Respecfully yours, :asian:

Tim,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :asian:

Mike

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Palusut said:
Palusut said:

Outstanding jesture!

Palusut
\

Tim,

I hope it is more than just gesture considering Jerome's attempted communication has been to set up discussion IN PERSON if possible (what ever needs to be said) to reach a true resolution and has been ignored. He even offered to pay for the coffee and muffins. If you consider ignoring someone instead of talking/resolving a form of "peaceful coexistence" it really isn't. It is sort of like ignoring a cancer; it will just get worse without treatment.

Hell, Shishir himself offered to mediate when he was in Buffalo and you refused the senior Datu's well intended gesture.

For me, I have stopped by, Tim, and I thought it was productive, yet these sniping shots don't really show that anymore to me. I remember our last conversation and how it contrasts with some comments you have made here. Jerome has communicated directly with Janulis according to Paul J himself. I have called Paul J long distance and communicated through email with Paul J - no problems there. I even reviewed his website and made constructive suggestions. I have listened to you when we talked face to face, I have talked to Jerome and read the email copies/communications that Jerome used to try and reach out to you and others - lengthy but worth reading for the sake of true resolution. It is disappointing to see that our 'face to face' didn't really help that much. I have even seen the actual paper work after the symposium, while I helped with the aftermath (since I didn't help out at all with the set up) so I would say that I know of what I speak concerning the ‘payday’ issue. Open discussion of private/financial business is considered bad form in business as far as I am concerned.

After the results of the last 'face to face' with you:

1. Having it spun into me 'distancing myself' from Jerome.

2. Reading posts from people who weren't there using information in their posts that only could have come from that conversation.

3. And the latest string of personal insults from you.

I would say making direct phone contact first (come on your already paying for the local service) and from that we can figure out if a drive out to your school for further discussion (or even just a good laugh about all of this and a beer J) is warranted - remember the concept of "economy of motion.” Administrators direct others to do things, leaders take the initiative so give me a call if you think that it is time for direct communication.

If you read through my comments, it really comes down requesting that you honor your statement about not stirring up old business and 'coexisting peacefully.' Speaking proactively and about 'what will work for the next one' instead of what was wrong with the last one would go a long way to making those honor statements more an just lip service.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that what did not work at the last one must be the contextual reference for what will work at the next one.

Listen, esteemed members of the Martial Talk Modern Arnis community. I started this thread after having read through all the old stuff regarding the first symposium in an effort to glean an insight into everyone's feelings on the possibility of another symposium. This thread is going exactly where I didn't want it to. My goal was certainly not to provide everyone with a reason to bite eachother's ears.

Surprisingly, earlier on in the thread, SM Dan Anderson selflessly proclaimed that he had been kicking the idea around. Since then, the thread has basically degenerated into off topic garbage that would be better solved offboard, if it can be solved at all. At any rate, that wasn't the point of the thread.

I respectfully request that this thread be closed, in hopes that we can put a lid on this can of worms that has inadvertently been opened. Let's allow SM Dan to have some time to consider, plan, communicate with whoever he needs, and basically execute his idea.

I'm certain that if SM Dan wants any other public input, he'll ask. Until then, this thread has gone way off topic, so if there's other crap that needs to be worked out publicly, start a new thread on it.

Thanks all for your input.

Dan Bowman

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
I think that what did not work at the last one must be the contextual reference for what will work at the next one.

Listen, esteemed members of the Martial Talk Modern Arnis community. I started this thread after having read through all the old stuff regarding the first symposium in an effort to glean an insight into everyone's feelings on the possibility of another symposium. This thread is going exactly where I didn't want it to. My goal was certainly not to provide everyone with a reason to bite eachother's ears.

Surprisingly, earlier on in the thread, SM Dan Anderson selflessly proclaimed that he had been kicking the idea around. Since then, the thread has basically degenerated into off topic garbage that would be better solved offboard, if it can be solved at all. At any rate, that wasn't the point of the thread.

I respectfully request that this thread be closed, in hopes that we can put a lid on this can of worms that has inadvertently been opened. Let's allow SM Dan to have some time to consider, plan, communicate with whoever he needs, and basically execute his idea.

I'm certain that if SM Dan wants any other public input, he'll ask. Until then, this thread has gone way off topic, so if there's other crap that needs to be worked out publicly, start a new thread on it.

Thanks all for your input.

Dan Bowman

Hi Dan,

I think that your concern is commendable!

I would like to suggest for now that we wait a little while longer and keep the thread open. I think that this thread is turning the corner.

Rest assured that the staff is actively monitoring the threads and concerned members like yourself are making every effort to keep MT friendly.

Thanks,

Harold

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only responding here because my name was mentioned...

I am always open to sitting down with people, as I think all parties involved know, and I do plan on being in Buffalo with Rich P. in August.

Yours,

Paul Janulis

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Only responding here because my name was mentioned...

I am always open to sitting down with people, as I think all parties involved know, and I do plan on being in Buffalo with Rich P. in August.

Yours,

Paul Janulis
Yup, I remember your invite before your last visit. I can't remember whether it was date confusion or prior commitments but we didn't actually connect. We have also been pretty good about resolving things via email and phone conversations as well.

Even when there is disagreement, at least there can be respect as long as people keep their words and actions consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions