It's gotta happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

great to have Roland coming to the event.

Congratulation

Dieter Knüttel
Datu of Modern Arnis

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After reading the most recent events and postings over on Datu Worden's board, I have to say that I am really impressed by the coming together of the seniors of the art. Regardless of what Datu Worden decides, I can see everyone's really coming together, and steps are being made. I'm incredibly proud to be a Modern Arnis student today.

SM Dan, you have my utmost respect. Keep up the good work.

Dan Bowman.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dan,

Thanks. We're working on it. Did you ever think a simple post of yours would reach 10 pages? You're a star!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's interesting how an innocent question has turned into such a "current event" in the community. I'm rather flabbergasted.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan,

I think your desire to keep things as open and public as possible is a noble gesture to avoid some of the 'in fighting' that can happen around such ventures.

As I said on the Worden WMAC forum, I think it should be remembered that this whole project is still very much in its infancy and at a 'brainstorming phase.' I think before people start getting too quick to take offence at who is or is not on the list it should be remembered that there will be many changes and revisions before the final decisions are made about every aspect of this event. Making suggestions with rationale is one thing, open accusations of slights and 'not invitiations' as disrespect should probably be reserved for the moment IMO. I don't think that it is nearly as hostile here as in other places.

Personally, if the 'barking dog' types don't think you are doing it right, let them take up the task of organizing their own event that fits their vision instead of putting up obstacles in your way. It's your ball Dan; "Run Forest, RUN!!!"

Question for you though:

Do you have any 'revelations' or 'wow' observations that you never expected to have based on the reactions you have seen or had to deal with directly so far?

Believe me, I will understand if you want to reserve answering for a little while if this is still too overwhelming to really form a thought about at this point.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
Dan,

It's your ball Dan; "Run Forest, RUN!!!"

Question for you though:

Do you have any 'revelations' or 'wow' observations that you never expected to have based on the reactions you have seen or had to deal with directly so far?

Yes. I never thought of myself as Forrest Gump? :lol:

Seriously, yes. The wounds of Prof.'s death still run deep. I'm surprised at the intensity. The "family" remains very polarized but we are still family. I am carrying on with this project.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Yes. I never thought of myself as Forrest Gump? :lol:

Seriously, yes. The wounds of Prof.'s death still run deep. I'm surprised at the intensity. The "family" remains very polarized but we are still family. I am carrying on with this project.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan, read the script please; you forgot:

"And that's all I have to say about thayat...."

If you get lost just call out "LINE" and we will give you plenty of rope to hang yourself...I mean feed you a line....I mean.... oh well, just remember that I am right behind you as you make entry on this particular room....WAAYYYYY behind you :)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What? Theres been problems? Im shocked!! ;)

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Update: We're looking at Fall break for the camp. Sometime in October 2005. We should have a date within the next two weeks. Things are moving on it.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Datu Tim Hartman and he has declined to participate in the event as an instructor. Depending on the actual date of the camp and instruction line up, he said he might attend as a participant.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I spoke with Dr. Schea today and he has declined to participate in the event.

There will be no "Symposium II."

I will work on hosting an event but in a different form and with a different focus. The location, facilities and basic date will remain the same.

My thanks to Datu Dieter Knuettel and Bram Frank for their enthusiasm on this project. They and Datu Shishir will be part of the next project.

I'm sorry we couldn't come together on this one. Harold, it's time to lock down this thread.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions