Is your school air conditioned?

Is your school air conditioned?

• Huh? What's air conditioning?

• Yes!

• Sometimes (when the thing isn't broken)

Results are only viewable after voting.
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Yeah it's air conditioned. The only way to truly get a cold room while training is to have central air. Well maybe if you have more than one or two windows air conditioners. It's too hard to keep cool with one a/c unit with people moving in and out, doors opening and closing, people getting hot and sweating. etc. etc. etc.

Well, I'm lucky, since no one will train with me, I have the room all to myself.:)

J

Joe

We do have two air conditioners but when there off untill class starts they just start to work and they get shut off. I think its onbly for the front office. Who needs a/c anyway some of the people I see in martial arts could loose a few pounds anyway.

Train twice as hard today, because you may not be able to tommorrow. :asian:

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
Air Conditioning ? What the heck is that ? Jeez, What's next buy your Karate uniform from Victoria Secret Fall Catalog ?

Sweat is good you know..Its your body's way of saying Dude ! You're really working out....:p

T

Titan Uk

Don't need air condition in your school.

Just move to a cooler country.

G

Galvatron

I've been in some that have AC some that don't.
My grandmaster is fond of shutting the AC off during the summer, saying [korean accent] "You no have AC on street"[/korean accent]
I lean towards the opinion that most people train "in the elements" because of a macho/ego thing. Most of the rest out of a misguided belief that working out in the cold/heat will make them a better fighter.
Every fight I've ever been in has ended in under 2 minutes...in my opinion that is hardly enough time for the elements to come into play (unless of course you are brawling in a hurricane or blizzard).
In my opinion it is best that the temperature be left at a comfortable level, so that students can concentrate on performing their movements correctly, rather than lamenting over how they're burning up/ freezing their cojones off.
:)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My JKD/BJJ instructor just changed to a new building and is still figuring out the AC/heating system!

Latest Discussions