Is your school air conditioned?

Is your school air conditioned?

• Huh? What's air conditioning?

• Yes!

• Sometimes (when the thing isn't broken)

Results are only viewable after voting.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we can get the back door open other than that it's like being in the desert at high noon with no cloud cover, inthe middle of summer.
In the winter the wind blows through the place so bad that I'm afraid to scrub the floor after class for fear that there will be a Ice ring there the next night.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a very small door that opens onto the back parking lot. Unfortunately it is in a corner and does not get much of a breeze. So, we sweat a lot in the summer. :) :( :rolleyes:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tshadowchaser
If we can get the back door open other than that it's like being in the desert at high noon with no cloud cover, inthe middle of summer.
In the winter the wind blows through the place so bad that I'm afraid to scrub the floor after class for fear that there will be a Ice ring there the next night.

Well, there ya go. Start a Youth Hockey League/Camp!:cool:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great idea,
we do have 3 hockey sticks in the corner for some reason, its my school and i still havent figured out why I keep them in the training area insted of storage.
Now as far as trusting some of these guys on skates :rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hockey the greatest sport on earth.

Any Sport with two blades and a stick and fighting has to be cool !

:rofl: :asian:

A

anne

Fans do work pretty well - but in the middle of Jujitsu class we're all wishing we had air conditioning.

A

Astra

During the summer our air is pretty conditioned - we practice outdoors in the woods during summer :p

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
:mad:

NO!

:mad:

I really dont mind thuogh I like to sweat a little during my workouts, except when I'm doing self defence techniques.
:asian:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
We used to train in the garage..our AC was opening the garage door..:D

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have AC but its rarely set below 80. In south east Texas its pretty much a legal issue if you don't have an AC. :)

I think we broke 110 last year but this year we have only hit 101 so it hasn't been too bad this year.

7sm

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... don't you wish. No A/C in my school in Lubbock or Austin - swelteringly melting doing knee & elbow guts training on kicking shields, following basics and calesthinics. It ain't against the law, it is just somewhat harsh.:rofl:

G

gman

Sifu brought in a large fan a couple weeks ago but we have had 19 days this month over 100 degrees with a few 105's sprinkled in just for fun. Plus around here the temp is always in the high 90's. Fans are nice though and they are always closest to the higher rank students. I'll test in a week and be that much closer to it.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... where is "Here", sounds like Arizona, Nevada ... or maybe just a mile this side of Hades? Or maybe MY SCHOOL resembles it ... except the fans are for the beginners ... that way I don't lose them so quick from passing out.

G

gman

We're out here in Modesto, the central valley of California. And you're right it's quite a bit like Arizona but with more humidity. I'll bet it's not quite as hot where you're at. I spent a summer in Houston a few years ago and that was awful. I also went through Army basic training in Oklahoma and that was bad too.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
we have a/c and it makes a big difference with attendance in the middle of the summer! during really hot days we are really packed since students know that we will crank the a/c!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah it's air conditioned. The only way to truly get a cold room while training is to have central air. Well maybe if you have more than one or two windows air conditioners. It's too hard to keep cool with one a/c unit with people moving in and out, doors opening and closing, people getting hot and sweating. etc. etc. etc.

Latest Discussions