Internal Power of Martial Arts (Breathing Technique)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This technique uses bioelectrical in your body to absorb vibrations in a around through your skin and visualized in your mind

Randi doesn't debunk anything, he just create many obstacles to make the practirioners fails, he using electrical table to reduce the ability to absorb vibration and he wiped around the eyes of practiioners with antiseptic tissue that makes his eyes feels very sore.

if i claim to be able walk on the tightrope and i can balance my body without any tools. Then Randi put an oil on that rope, do you think i still be able to walk on that tightrope ? ?

Randi can not debunk anything from Vibravision, that's why he did not show it on television, he only show the case when he know the trick, and able to replicate the trick
From what I have read the subjects were at statistically guesses. This reminds me of a conversation with a psychologist friend and we were discussing ESP and he said I'll draw a shape on the back of the card and see if you can identify it. I did manage to get 2 out of 5 but statistically it's as good as a guess.
I don't doubt that blind people may have heighten senses due to the nullification of another sense but your science is lacking and reminds me of comic book science rationalization that no real scientist would entertain as a legitimate hypothesis

OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
what kind of trick that this practitioner do ? there is no way he can peek with 3 layers of blindfold. No guessing trick, impossible to do that

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This technique uses bioelectrical in your body to absorb vibrations in a around through your skin and visualized in your mind

Randi doesn't debunk anything, he just create many obstacles to make the practirioners fails, he using electrical table to reduce the ability to absorb vibration and he wiped around the eyes of practitioner with antiseptic tissue that makes practitioner's eyes feels very sore and loss concentration

if i claim to be able walk on the tightrope and i can balance my body without any tools. Then Randi put an oil on that rope, do you think i still be able to walk on that tightrope ? ?

Randi can not debunk anything from Vibravision, that's why he did not show it on television, he only show the case when he know the trick, and able to replicate the trick
Okay, so let's forget Randi, though your reply sounds like rationalization to me. If these techniques worked as demonstrated, we'd almost certainly read about them in scientific journals. Scientists get a lot of notoriety and build a great reputation (which can actually help them make more money) if they publish studies that put forth evidence contrary to what other scientists think they know. If this worked, I'd expect some ambitious scientist to be testing it. If those tests showed even a little promise, they would be published in journals. And sensational results like that would certainly be picked up by the media.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what kind of trick that this practitioner do ? there is no way he can peek with 3 layers of blindfold. No guessing trick, impossible to do that

I know an instructor who did blindfolded knife defense in Madison Square Gardens many years ago. "No way he can peek". I learned from one of his students that he had also been an amateur magician, and used the same techniques (though I don't know what they were) for the demonstration.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Isn't more believable that this was staged before and carefully choreographed before they started? Isn't it more believable that the person has an ear piece, street performance is hardly scientific proof.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I once saw a documentary about this. A Japanese shotokan practitioner went around the world and fought various fighters from different countries. He even fought a muay thai fighter who he quickly dispatched with an uppercut that left a massive scar on his chest. Anyway, this Japanese shotokan practitioner could launch fireballs from his hands, and spin around in the air as if there was no gravity. It was quite amazing! I need to go find that documentary again, I think I have it laying around somewhere close to my Xbox......

Leo89

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What do you think a laser does?
Same thing staring at the sun will do. :peeking:

Pretty sure he was trying to say that it's not something you'll shoot out of your palms into an opponent, can we stay on track here?

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score

2:33 - he can walk through the objects easily because, with a little practice and a good memory, he can hear exactly where the objects were placed after they plonked them down with an audible thud.

The color balloons trick is simply a matter of having a predetermined location to place balloons of each color and remembering where they will be placed.

8:06 - That explanation is an example of a false equivalency. The eyes have cells that are sensitive to light, the fingers do not.

The last trick can be the result of audience members being in on the trick.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you think a laser does?

A light laser can only hurt you if shined directly on the eyes. What you are probably thinking of is plasma that is used in many different industries because it can cut through nearly anything. Anyway the point I was making is that the OP is trying to attribute qualities to things that they simply do not have. On top of this they are trying to imply that humans can have the same capabilities as certain animals despite not having the correct anatomy in order to perform those tasks. For example, in order to detect bioelectricity you need to have special electro-sensory organs, which humans do not have. So, unless the people in the video have undergone some kind of surgery to implant such organs or devices into them, it is simply impossible for them to do the things the OP claims.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I once saw a documentary about this. A Japanese shotokan practitioner went around the world and fought various fighters from different countries. He even fought a muay thai fighter who he quickly dispatched with an uppercut that left a massive scar on his chest. Anyway, this Japanese shotokan practitioner could launch fireballs from his hands, and spin around in the air as if there was no gravity. It was quite amazing! I need to go find that documentary again, I think I have it laying around somewhere close to my Xbox......

Is that the same one with that yogi who can contort his body to avoid damage to himself? As well as extend his limbs many yards to strike people from a far?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bioelectrical perception is an ability inherent in many different animals (most notably in Sharks and other sea creatures which use it to hunt). However, I wasn't aware humans were capable of this to the extent you are implying. There has to be a considerable amount of energy for us to feel it, a lot more than given off by plain inanimate objects.
This is different because energy travels through water differently than how it travels through air. A lot of the animals that have such capabilities live in the water. At the moment I can't think of a land animal that can do the same.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay, so let's forget Randi, though your reply sounds like rationalization to me. If these techniques worked as demonstrated, we'd almost certainly read about them in scientific journals. Scientists get a lot of notoriety and build a great reputation (which can actually help them make more money) if they publish studies that put forth evidence contrary to what other scientists think they know. If this worked, I'd expect some ambitious scientist to be testing it. If those tests showed even a little promise, they would be published in journals. And sensational results like that would certainly be picked up by the media.
This is where my doubt comes into play. What I see is "earth shattering" but the response to it being done isn't "earth shattering" I don't hear anything about scientific studies being done, or scientist trying to figure out how the body is able to do perform the feat.

I would be more comfortable with reading scientific studies than seeing a demo. I'm not calling anyone a liar, it's just that my brain goes into caution overload with stuff like this. Something so big lands in the ocean but doesn't make a splash.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is that the same one with that yogi who can contort his body to avoid damage to himself? As well as extend his limbs many yards to strike people from a far?
This is why karate sucks, no range
2339688.jpg

d16727591808713c81fc3da11ea8895e.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nobody would ever take advantage of an unsuspecting Martial public. Say it ain't so!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is different because energy travels through water differently than how it travels through air. A lot of the animals that have such capabilities live in the water. At the moment I can't think of a land animal that can do the same.

Owls?

Not sure. They have something trippy in that department.

Latest Discussions