Great opportunity

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night I was talking on the phone to an old friend of mine in Ireland. We met years and years ago me and my karate club at the time were in Ireland for the Irish cup a kenpo tournament. We arrived a week before because the flights were cheaper but anyway when there the other guys were more interested in spending time in the pubs and that's not my thing at all so I looked at some gyms and found a local kickboxing gym and spent the week before the tournament training there. Anyway I was chatting to one of the guys I met there last night and bought ufc 205 it was before the card started and he said "well I train at straight blast now" (mcgreggors gym) and I said cool must be fun to spar with the guy and he then asked If I'd like to come down and train there and maybe spar with mcgreggor. At first I thought he was joking but he was serious and he said he doesn't know when because he doesn't know how things will work out after the card but he'd let me know. Now if that happens that would be amazing. I mean it may not happen and not holding my breath but If it does that would be something I'd jump at.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's awesome, bro. If it happens, don't pass up that opportunity!

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's awesome, bro. If it happens, don't pass up that opportunity!
Absolutely not I mean I'm not mcgreggors biggest fan I don't like his pre fight stuff but he's a great fighter and will be higher up than any other guy I thought and if it does happen ill absolutely film it and post it here if I get permission

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go and train there anyway whether Conor is there or not, John Kavanagh is a cracking coach if you can catch a class with him, the other coaches are very good though. See if you can spar with Aisling Daly, that would be cool.

Latest Discussions