Internal Power of Martial Arts (Breathing Technique)

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
QiGong , Pranayama, and TenagaDalam

Certain dynamic (active, moving) QiGong/Pranayama/TenagaDalam methods increase the oxygen uptake by virtue of the greater requirement for chemical energy by the cells. Other more quiescent (inactive, still) methods tend to decrease oxygen uptake due to the the lowering of metabolic activity. It has been found that some practitioners of these traditional practices have refined their ability to the point where they actually enter into altered states where the physiological need for food, air or sleep have been almost completely suspended.

The practice of QiGong/Pranayama/TenagaDalam increase oxygen availability which potentially:
  1. Supports energy (ATP, AMP, ADP) generation.
  2. Generates water as a by product of energy metabolism which contributes a major portion to the lymph supply.
  3. Enhances immune function.
  4. Supports the body's ability to neutralize free radicals.
1. Power Generation

Energy of Food + Energi of Air = Body Energy
6O2 + C6H12O6 + (BMR) = Ergs + 6CO2 + 6H2O
Air + Food + (BMR) = Energy + Carbon Dioxide + Water

Oxygen (O2) plus glucose (C6H12O6) through BMR yields energy in the form of high energy phosphate bonds (especially ATP) plus water (H2O) which dissolves carbon dioxide (CO2) and facilitates the hydrolysis of energy yielding phosphate bonds. It seems that the chinese knew, without a particularly refined scientific method, that only a portion of the air and food, the essence, was employed in the process: only 20% of air is oxygen and glucose is approximately 60% of food.

(Continue reading : Theory of Internal Power (QiGong, Pranayama, Tenaga Dalam, etc.) - Martial Arts Planet )
==================================================================================

Getaran Technique (Vibravision)

Getaran (Vibravision) is an aspect of Silat Merpati Putih (MP) training that focuses on the development of heightened senses and intuition to the point where a Silat practitioner can effectively perceive their surroundings without the use of their eyesight.

This technique allows Silat practitioners to sense the sub-atomic vibrations of their surroundings and to differentiate between these vibrations. Silat practitioners are able to differentiate between the different energies and perceive the weight, volume, velocity, color, shape and substance of ANY object.​

Getaran Demonstration

Sparring Blindfolded

(Continue reading : Silat Merpati Putih - The Royal Inheritance of Mataram Kingdom )

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I mean this with the most politeness as possible. People here don't really buy into super powers. Qigong is ok and all if you'd like to discuss it but once you start suggesting it can read minds or give you mythical powers that is where you will lose many people.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You seem incredibly focused on this one aspect of silat which, if it works might be helpful for the blind, but overall has very little use for the general population. It also does not seem particularly martial, excepting that it comes from a martial art. Is there a reason you are so focused on spreading it?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always found breathing to be a vital part of my life.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something not quite right here. Perhaps the OP was debunked on another forum. Still though, how does a blind person discern colour through touch? Impossible, unless maybe they are a Jedi. Mhmm, free radicals eh ;)

Leo89

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've heard you can train your reflexes when you're blind, but I'm not so sure I believe in Ki as anything more than basic human energy, like energy to run or fight, I don't think you'll actually use a ki blast cannon unless you're playing a DBZ/X game. :p

OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
this is how Silat MP teach the blind !

we help more than 2000 blind people here in indonesia

3 month of vibravision training results for the blind

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I mean this with the most politeness as possible. People here don't really buy into super powers. Qigong is ok and all if you'd like to discuss it but once you start suggesting it can read minds or give you mythical powers that is where you will lose many people.
I'm right there with you on this one. I just didn't want to say. Was hoping that the the OP would settle down a bit and go into some details about her own training. I just didn't know how to say what I was thinking in a constructive way. I try to keep an open mind about things, but when people just come out like BAM!, I have Jedi powers, then my mind just pretty much shuts off.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've heard you can train your reflexes when you're blind, but I'm not so sure I believe in Ki as anything more than basic human energy, like energy to run or fight, I don't think you'll actually use a ki blast cannon unless you're playing a DBZ/X game. :p
ha ha ha. I think we have had enough people test the Ki theory to at least agree that no one should try to challenge someone to punch them unless they can actually stop a tennis ball from hitting them in the face lol. If the Ki isn't stopping the tennis ball then it probably won't stop the fist, so at that point they can save themselves from being punched.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How funny you provide a link to Martial Planet which also includes the Randi challenge and you guys failed!

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've known blind people to use what is effectively Sonar to help them "see" their surroundings, in which the blind person makes a constant clicking sound and can tell what's around them based on the sound bouncing off the various objects around them. This technique can actually be learned by anyone, not just blind people but there are limits to it, with colour being one of them. As for Qi, I do believe in it as far as it is a form of energy that you can train to use and develop inside your own body, but you cannot project it out externally anymore than you can use a beam of light to hurt someone (sorry Star Wars fans).

Last edited:
OP
Mouzalina Mahfud

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This technique uses bioelectrical in your body to absorb vibrations in a around through your skin and visualized in your mind

Randi doesn't debunk anything, he just create many obstacles to make the practirioners fails, he using electrical table to reduce the ability to absorb vibration and he wiped around the eyes of practitioner with antiseptic tissue that makes practitioner's eyes feels very sore and loss concentration

if i claim to be able walk on the tightrope and i can balance my body without any tools. Then Randi put an oil on that rope, do you think i still be able to walk on that tightrope ? ?

Randi can not debunk anything from Vibravision, that's why he did not show it on television, he only show the case when he know the trick, and able to replicate the trick

Last edited:

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This technique uses bioelectrical in your body to absorb vibrations in a around through your skin and visualized in your mind

Randi doesn't debunk anything, he just create many obstacles to make the practirioners fails, he using electrical table to reduce the ability to absorb vibration and he wiped around the eyes of practiioners with antiseptic tissue that makes his eyes feels very sore.

if i claim to be able walk on the tightrope and i can balance my body without any tools. Then Randi put an oil on that rope, do you think i still be able to walk on that tightrope ? ?

Randi can not debunk anything from Vibravision, that's why he did not show it on television, he only show the case when he know the trick, and able to replicate the trick

Bioelectrical perception is an ability inherent in many different animals (most notably in Sharks and other sea creatures which use it to hunt). However, I wasn't aware humans were capable of this to the extent you are implying. There has to be a considerable amount of energy for us to feel it, a lot more than given off by plain inanimate objects.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions