Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
And swear like a drunken sailor to boot. Paul, I think you are a high-ranking guy in some other system and I hesitate to attack you, but are you just trying to irritate Clyde, or all his "allies" or are you also now after how ever many Christians are on this board?

PAUL against Christians? Wow, I really think you've got the wrong guy here. For example:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10609

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
LOL:rofl: Boot me in the bum yourself, I said it, I meant it, I stand beside it. PS- That is not consider profanity, but for your tender sensibilities, I will go back and change it to schmuck.

Nice to see an instructor reign in a student. And i think well done by Seig to modify his statement.

Salute

JD

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by JD_Nelson
Nice to see an instructor reign in a student. And i think well done by Seig to modify his statement.

Salute

JD
That is not so much a case of an Instructor reigning in a student, but a case of a friend telling another he went a little over the line. In this case, he was right and I modified my behaviour.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are rolling out a strongly moderated EPAK forum on a trial basis. If this works, we will keep it. If it turns into a political or personality pissing match, we will roll it back into the Kenpo General forum.

If this does work, we will consider possibly doing similar for other branches of the Kenpo tree.

Fastmover

Green Belt
Reaction score
After thinking about this, I voted yes. For the simple reason I think it would be great to have a place were people could tell stories about Mr. Parker. So all you folks out there who have stories about meeting Mr. Parker AND especially him knocking the be-jesus out of you..........I want to hear it. What better way is
there to honor someone, then to remember someone.

Be Good!

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
But not by Popular Vote.

Must have been some ballot boxes that were shutdown early.

Salute

JD

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The vote is close enough that I personally think it has a chance. if the 30 or so folks who voted yes run with this idea, it could be a good thing.

Its a probationary roll out at the moment.

:asian:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Seig
IF I see ONE more personal attack on Clyde or anyone else, I am locking this thread and I will deal with the offender and I could care less who it is. If the pointless flame wars and name calling continue, I am not going to be understanding. I am going to deal with it as soon as I see it and harshly. Is this what Bob and everyone else wants for MT? No. I don't either. So, either act like Martial Artists or deal with me being a schmuck.
Seig
-MT Moderator-

when *special interest group* raise their voice and begin to call name to other people, i haven't seen any action applied to this *group*

very much has a FREE PASS

when another person calls name, this person is BANNED. This is very much UNFAIR treatment.

we really have a double standard here.

just my 2 cents

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
when *special interest group* raise their voice and begin to call name to other people, i haven't seen any action applied to this *group*

very much has a FREE PASS

when another person calls name, this person is BANNED. This is very much UNFAIR treatment.

we really have a double standard here.

just my 2 cents
I see your concerns and they are valid, at least on the surface. Part of the issues here are that the users do not see what goes on behind the scenes. A lot of times when one of us sees something, we have to wait for input from the rest of the admin team. Unfortunatley, what this means is that sometimes things slip through the cracks. Sometimes, we jump on something and get told to kiss off by the person we tried talking to, this requires a stronger reaction. Part of the solution to the problem is a very heavyily moderated EPAK area and a tightening of the controls in the regular Kenpo areas, meaning the Mods for those areas are not going to wait for the committee to convene, we are going to deal with problems as they arise.
Seig
-MT Moderator-

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Swear...? Brother, you don't know the half of it.

I spelled my curse word wrongly and with a lower case intentionally, as not to offend Christians here. I may have failed, however, so I'll choose my words better next time.

Thank you, sir for not going off on me like a barrel of gunpowder.

I was trying to be polite and irritated at the same time. I am glad you did not take too much offense.

And I know Paul may not read this or post about it, but I wanted to say it in "public" I may go email him now.

Arnisador: I've looked at that thread before but it will take me a long time to read it all, much of it was written a lot faster than I could read it. But thanks for pointing it out.

I think this thread is course-correcting rather well myself. I am sorry to see Clyde go though and I am looking forward to an EPAK forum/thread/thing. I will try to help make that work.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL I think there were a few hanging chad's...I demand a re-count!:rofl: Well, it looks like a trial EPAK forum won by the electoral vote. :D Congrat's, Kenpoists, and good luck on your new forum!:partyon:

cdhall: I did read your response...thanks, by the way! I appreciate your candor! :)

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The long and the short of it is this. Even though there were more nay sayers (myself included) than yeses, there was enough of an overall interest to make the forum a reality, at least on a trial basis. We'll see what happens. And before anyone starts the rumor mill, Clyde is welcome there.

C

CoolKempoDude

will we have a new EPAK forum even though NO is more than YES???

I thought NO means NO. In this case, NO means YES ???

without stirring thing up, if NO means YES, why did we set up the POLL and ask members to VOTE???

i wasted my NO vote here:mad: :confused: :soapbox:

we also wasted all the times to ARGUE and INSULT each other for NOTHING

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CoolKempoDude:

You have finally internalized the New Kenpo Creed as widely practiced on the internet:

I come to you with only my keyboard, empty head. I have nothing important to say, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor, should it be a matter of ego or pride, sense or nonsense, then here are my weapons, my keyboard my empty head.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Over 70 people took the time to indicate their position. To me, that said alot. The current tally is only -1- vote apart, with 8 undecided or obstaining. Given the closeness, and more importantly the number of those in favor, I weighed it out and thought it worth -trying-.

This is just that, a trial run. Its more strictly moderated than the rest of the Kenpo area and as such, will not be for everyone. Its more 'meat-n-potatoes'.

I will be monitoring it as we go so see how it works.

-IF- the worries of those who voted no come to life, and we are unable to keep it focused, it will most likely be rolled back into the other kenpo areas as appropriate.

I ask that everyone please give it a chance. I think that if we can get it right, we will generate a living encyclopedia of the art.

Those who do not wish to use it, the Kenpo-General and Technical areas will remain cross-polinating as they have been.

One of my goals is to expand the scope of this forum to include as many arts, systems, styles and flavors as we can. I'd love to see us triple in traffic by years end. I'd like this to be the best, most diverse, and most featureful site for kenpoists, and all arts.

We will be watching to make sure the concerns are taken care of.

OFK - youre funny...heres a cookie. :)

:asian:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
CoolKempoDude:

You have finally internalized the New Kenpo Creed as widely practiced on the internet:

I come to you with only my keyboard, empty head. I have nothing important to say, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor, should it be a matter of ego or pride, sense or nonsense, then here are my weapons, my keyboard my empty head.

It's not the Kenpo creed at all... that's the Keyboard Warrior's Creed. Not all Keyboard Warriors are Kenpoists. :lol:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
CoolKempoDude:

*LOL..i love it..can i use it??..*chucklesnort

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
OFK - youre funny...heres a cookie.

Amen!
I wanted to say something to CoolKempoDude myself but I held back. I'm glad to see my patience was rewarded.
:rofl:

S

Sergio Jódar

I think there are only possitive things in the creation of the EPAK forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions