• No opinion/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by cdhall
Amen!
I wanted to say something to CoolKempoDude myself but I held back. I'm glad to see my patience was rewarded.
:rofl:

if you want to say something to me, why held back? just release it. It is better that way. If you hold back, it is BAD for your health.

i'm looking forward to your saying and I'll be glad to respond to your comment.

looking forward to it :)

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
if you want to say something to me, why held back? just release it. It is better that way. If you hold back, it is BAD for your health.

i'm looking forward to your saying and I'll be glad to respond to your comment.

looking forward to it :)

I was just going to say that it was not the raw vote count so much as the reasoning behind the votes. It was a poll, not an election. But Kaith also came along and said that again.

I was then also going to say that this reminded me of a Professor I once had who demonstrated to the class that we all did better on Essay Exams than we did on True/False exams.

Same thing here. You get to answer the question And explain your answer and it was the explanations, not the raw answers that led Kaith to decide to create the forum.

Well, the raw numbers also demonstrated I think that there were enough people to make it fly. I will be in the EPAK section a lot. I think it will work. But I'm REALLY beating a dead horse here
:deadhorse

I just wanted to reply to you as per your request.

I also vote to lock this thread before it takes over the entire server. It no longer has a purpose. If necessary the theme could continue in the Locker Room or the General Kenpo area I think.
:asian:

They shoot horses don't they?

K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
CoolKempoDude:

You have finally internalized the New Kenpo Creed as widely practiced on the internet:

I come to you with only my keyboard, empty head. I have nothing important to say, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor, should it be a matter of ego or pride, sense or nonsense, then here are my weapons, my keyboard my empty head.

:rofl: :rofl: It's great!!

K

Kenpomachine

will we have a new EPAK forum even though NO is more than YES???

I thought NO means NO. In this case, NO means YES ???

without stirring thing up, if NO means YES, why did we set up the POLL and ask members to VOTE???

i wasted my NO vote here:mad: :confused: :soapbox:

we also wasted all the times to ARGUE and INSULT each other for NOTHING

You know, a democracy is not a way for the majority to impose their beliefs to the minority without remorse. More to the contrary, is a system that should allow the minority to have a voice.

And that's exactly what Keith has done! :asian:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Kenpomachine
You know, a democracy is not a way for the majority to impose their beliefs to the minority without remorse. More to the contrary, is a system that should allow the minority to have a voice.

And that's exactly what Keith has done! :asian:

i don't have any problem if there is a EPAK forum or a trial EPAK as long as people honestly say so. I mean all they have to do is SAY there will be EPAK forum here. If they did that, we wouldn't INSULT and CALL name to each other.

perhaps, "professor kenpo" wouldn't ask for his ACCOUNT to be CLOSED

BUT we decided to vote here to see how everything goes

the result is MORE no THAN yes and we still have EPAK forum in the end AFTER all the bad things were in here.???

:confused: :soapbox:

POLITICS or try to please *high* profile people????

:mad: ;)

obviously, the democracy doesn't work when you are not WINNING

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I usually try to be rather "PC" when wearing the 'admin' hat.... I let my hair (what there is of it) down a bit more in the non-art areas.

While this discussion was going on in public, I had a long discussion with most of the staff. The concerns that were voice out here were heard, and were echoed in there.

My personal concern, is that adding a seperate EPAK (or Tracy or whatever) forum will do just what folks have said. Cause rifts, elitism, political and personal BS, drain the Kenpo-General, etc.

I've dealt with enough of the 'personallities' to have the fear that this will all 'blowup'.

So, after seeing how close it was vote wise, and after thinking about what we could truely gain, -I- made the decision to do it, on a strict-moderation aspect, with a narrow focus.

I think we can do something good here. So far, Both Seig and Mr. Billings have spent a good amount of time organizing it, trying to figure it all out. I've spent over 10+ hours on the phone LD so far with folks about it...and will be spending more.

When this started, I was against the idea. As I read through what people said, and talked to some of you, I started to think what it could be.

You're right, its not a democracy...but I value -everyones- opinions. I'm hoping that we can pull some good stuff out of this expansion. -IF- I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but despite the reservations (yours and mine) I thought the risk worth taking. The fact that Clyde and Dennis agreed (which I believe is not a common occurance) helped reinforce that it -might- be a good idea.

If you don't want to use it, that is perfectly ok. We are not getting rid of the other kenpo areas. I'm hopeful that the diversity will in fact continue to enrich us.

In the end, it is up to the people who asked for this forum to make it work, or to make it not work.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
obviously, the democracy doesn't work when you are not WINNING [/B]

CoolKempoDude:

You are attacking a Straw Man.

This is a POLL not an Election. Bob didn't say in the first post that it would be a Majority rules vote. The Poll graphic itself says

"Shour MT create a Kenpo-EPAK forum?
You have already voted on this poll."

It is meant to Garner Opinion. We are not a Congress and we are not passing a law. And if we were, Bob has the ability to override it.

So democracy worked fine here. Had it been a straight vote, the Majority would have won and the forum would not have been created.

Since it was not a straight vote, the Minority was provided for by creating the forum for them based on the reasons and level of participation both sides gave.

Quit arguing that it was designed as, set up as, and meant to be executed as some type of legally binding vote. That is not, has not, and was not stated in the beginning and the fact that it is set up as a POLL reinforces this completely and absolutely.

Here is a partial definition of "Poll" from Dictionary.com and this totally supports my opinion here and does not support your opinion so please stop making the case that democracy doesn't work or that the results of this Poll preclude forming an EPAK thread. Some of us want an EPAK thread because EPAK is based on LOGIC and I for one am hoping that it will make the EPAK section less exasperating.

I'm trying to be polite but it is hard under these conditions. Here is the partial definition I promised from Dictionary.com:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=poll

"The casting and registering of votes in an election.
The number of votes cast or recorded.
The place where votes are cast and registered. Often used in the plural with the.
A survey of the public or of a sample of public opinion to acquire information."
:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Can we close this thread and let whoever wants to go argue in the bar/locker room/cafe?

C

CoolKempoDude

cdhall,

you obviously didn't read my previous post and have a good understanding about what i tried to say

democracy works fine here because it is ON your side even though your YES people received less number than NO people.

what do you UNDERSTAND when you see the number of this POLL? Let me point it out for you so that you can see it clearly

there is no doublt about the number of your EPAK people is WAY too many.

when you look at the number of people say NO in this poll, you NEED TO UNDERSTAND that some of AK people said NO too. Otherwise, we will never have more NO people than YES people

it also means some of your AK dont want another separate KEMPO forum for HARDCORE AK people

if the purpose of setting a POLL is to let other have their say about this newly created forum and have a better understanding the position of everybody here , we MUST follow what the majority say

if you want to experiment or do whatever you prefer to, you should not set up a POLL in the first place. If people do that, we avoid a lot of bad feeling among us

about your LOGIC AK. You are telling me other *art* is not LOGIC and ONLY your Art is LOGIC ??? this is full of balony.

after reading a few posts here, it seems to me that AK people feel *good* about your own ART than everybody else to the point they want to have their own way of doing thing and tell everybody else their ARt *logic or whatever BIG term you AIM at*.

Ed Parker Sr is the second to God ?????? it's surely LAUGHABLE

this certainly goes WAY beyond the level of any NORMAL and EDUCATED person understanding

Look around, my friend. Do you see ANY none AK people claim their ART *logic* and claim their GM second to God ??

only you guys do that.

can i suggest you to drop all BS here and seriously have a good discussion and share what your *logic* art is?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
you obviously didn't read my previous post and have a good understanding about what i tried to say

You are telling me other *art* is not LOGIC and ONLY your Art is LOGIC ??? this is full of balony.

My previous reply was lost, but quickly:

A. You and I are not communicating
B. I will try to come back later and reply to this post
C. I think the thread may be locked by then so I'll make 2 points quickly:

1. I don't understand that first sentence I quote from you
  2. I never told you that my art is the only one based on logic. I was extolling that fact as a virtue. I did not deny that virtue to any other art. I think this flaw in your logic is known as a Straw Man but your entire post is a Slippery Slope as you draw new and increasingly unacceptable consequences from what I wrote.
    [/list=1]

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CoolKempoDude,

If you do not want to post in the EPAK, section then do not.

If you do not want to read in that section then do not.

It is your choice.

As the Owner and Senior Admin stated, he put up a poll to ask what people thought about the idea. With 30 yes votes he thought it was worth the effort to try and give people the forum they were requesting for.

So, please drop the issue of the poll, and discuss someting that has to do with Martial Arts and or Kenpo/Kempo ?

Thank You

C

CoolKempoDude

My previous reply was lost, but quickly:

A. You and I are not communicating
B. I will try to come back later and reply to this post
C. I think the thread may be locked by then so I'll make 2 points quickly:

1. I don't understand that first sentence I quote from you
  2. I never told you that my art is the only one based on logic. I was extolling that fact as a virtue. I did not deny that virtue to any other art. I think this flaw in your logic is known as a Straw Man but your entire post is a Slippery Slope as you draw new and increasingly unacceptable consequences from what I wrote.
    [/list=1]

1. i guess my logic doesn't work when it is NOT on your side AGAIN.??? oh boy

however, i'm looking forward to have a healthy discussion with you about my *logic*and perhaps your *logic* as well

1 last point to make. Of course, i'll read section in EPAK to see what kind of *logic* it is.

i don't have any problem with creating a new forum but i surely like to read what AK people have to say. Looking forward to

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shure.

It meens I caint twpe wery gud. :D

Originally posted by Klondike93
Shour MT create a Kenpo-EPAK forum?

Could one of you please explain what a shour is?

:p

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i guess my logic doesn't work when it is NOT on your side AGAIN.??? oh boy

CoolKempoDude:

I have started a thread in the Study called "Logic" and we should move over there. I really started it just to put up some info, but one thing that will be important to establish before we continue is that there is no such thing as "my" logic.

We must establish first what Logic is and that it exists in its own state regardless of anyone's opinion of it and regardless of whether someone is even aware of it or not.

Then and only then can we proceed to debate when and how it can or must apply.

I don't know if I want that thread to be anything but a link and some rules so maybe we can continue in a new thread or in private as you see fit. Some of this though is stuff others need to know or correct me on though so I seem to prefer to do this on a thread.

C

CoolKempoDude

We must establish first what Logic is and that it exists in its own state regardless of anyone's opinion of it and regardless of whether someone is even aware of it or not.

*we* means You and I ???

what kind of logic do you want to ESTABLISH ??? i'm sure this kind of establishment between you and me is a waste of time since we don't agree everything

and oh boy, i don't know any *logic* in AK techniques. Please do not ask me about it

without stirring thing up here,i read 1 post in this forum about ed parker *purchasing* belt from chow.

if that is the case, your *fact* *logic* AK is proven already:D

there is not need for me to discuss *logic* with you any more

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Screw it, it's not worth it. All I wanted was consideration for splitting of the KENPO/KEMPO to a more select group of individuals that speak the same language without having to explain what gaseous expansion is three times. F**k it. With all the different people posting here you'd think we were taking something away from them, and I for one don't want to see a bunch of crybabies from other groups getting their panties in a knot because they're not doing EPAK. God people, get your s**t together. I'll just post over on CanAm where they do have a specific forum for us.

Clyde

How many of you have gone over and checked these forums out?
I went over to see what he was talking about and I mostly read Kirk and a couple of others dogging Martial Talk. I read what he posts and boy does he read bitter :confused: And now they have Clyde over there doing some dogging. So you know for me having Clyde gone is probably for the better. I did register to post over there but I probably will never visit again, too negative for my tastes (which if they read this I'm sure they'll say "good leave us alone ya anony*****", seems to be they're style now :shrug: )

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions