burnout

kevin kilroe

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I need help! I think I'm burning out and dont know what to do about it. Either that or I am in a rut. Lately I just dont feel like tea ching or training, but I do anyway. Feedback please!

Salute,

Kevin Kilroe

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
take a break...try another style.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
definitely take a break, there's no law/rule/mandate that says you have to keep training no matter what... there are lots of MA's out there who have taken two/three/six months off from training and then get back into it.
How often have you been training/practicing/teaching per week?

Cut down... no law against that either...

:asian:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe you're due a holiday? I always find that if I go away on holiday (doens't have to be expensive, go camping or something) that I begin to miss all the things that I tend to take for granted - friends, places, training etc., that could refresh you a bit (4am-10pm days isn't healthy), give you a break and you could see if you yearn to go back again.

Ian.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a rest! You're definately getting burned out. And dont worry, its not just you, it happens to everybody, and it happened to me as well. I'd get so wrapped up in teaching class after class, that by the time it came for my workout, I didnt feel like doing it. You need to have time for your own things in your training.

Mike

G

Grasshoppah

Try practicing alone and when you begin to move stop yourself and find away to better what you just did. Maybe you need more understanding of everything you do. When you do this do it slow you might miss something. There is allways more to learn or teach on what you have allready learned or taught. Teach to learn and learn to teach.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by kevin kilroe
I need help! I think I'm burning out and dont know what to do about it. Either that or I am in a rut. Lately I just dont feel like tea ching or training, but I do anyway. Feedback please!

Salute,

Kevin Kilroe

I'm the opposite. I'm dying for students. Can't find em.:eek:

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kevin,

Rotate in another hobby for awile. You don't have to stop your training just refocus some of your time elsewhere. What else do you like to do?

don

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
I'm the opposite. I'm dying for students. Can't find em.:eek:

Ricardo's buring up........LOL :rofl: everyone that comes close to him gets burned....... or smoked out........LOLlolololololololololololololol

:angry: :rofl:

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kevin,

You need a break..recharge your batteries.. tell your school you are taking a vacation and do it. Do something completely different from MA or work...

If a vacation is not easily done, simply rest, meditiate, anything to be different. It's the ruts in life that wear us down, why do you think we see ruts in the road? No one takes a different path.

molson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Stop teaching lessons for a while and just take the classes as a regular student. That will allow you to enjoy yourself alitttle more

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kevin kilroe
i teach/train 3-4 times per week, plus work a full time job. up at 4:00 am,in bed at 10:00-11:00 pm.

Yikes! You're packing in one hell of a sleep deficit. That'll burn anybody out, no matter what they're doing.

L

LadyDragon

I've got to agree with almost everyone. You need a break. If you're beginning to feel burned out its probably because you are. Take a week or two or four off and just relax. Catch up on your sleep and forget about teaching for a while. Hopefully this will put you back in focus and will help you return to feeling like your old self again (in a good way of course, not stressted out).

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Ricardo's buring up........LOL :rofl: everyone that comes close to him gets burned....... or smoked out........LOLlolololololololololololololol

:angry: :rofl:

That's mean...............:vu:

Latest Discussions