If I keep repeating myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I keep repeating myself like in the movie Groundhog Day, here's one of the reasons why, because Im the king of hindsight.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im the king of hindsight, I can be stuck in the past.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know -- that's one thing, I would certainly agree with. Lots of your posts do suggest that you've got a rather strong attachment to things that happened long ago -- and trouble moving on from them. Nice realization -- but you might consider finding someone with appropriate credentials to help you with changing it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know -- that's one thing, I would certainly agree with. Lots of your posts do suggest that you've got a rather strong attachment to things that happened long ago -- and trouble moving on from them. Nice realization -- but you might consider finding someone with appropriate credentials to help you with changing it.

Quoted for truth.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to re hash things.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

That's not what hindsight refers to… in fact, kinda the opposite. Hindsight is more about the ability to look back at previous situations/events, without the emotional connection or confusion of the moment, to clearly see what might have been done to better or prevent something. It's not about being stuck in the past, it's about learning from it… so… no.

Getting stuck in the past, especially the way you seem to, is a very different situation… and, honestly, a hallmark of any number of things, all of which would see you benefited from talking to a professional.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what hindsight refers to… in fact, kinda the opposite. Hindsight is more about the ability to look back at previous situations/events, without the emotional connection or confusion of the moment, to clearly see what might have been done to better or prevent something. It's not about being stuck in the past, it's about learning from it… so… no.

Getting stuck in the past, especially the way you seem to, is a very different situation… and, honestly, a hallmark of any number of things, all of which would see you benefited from talking to a professional.

Of which how many times has this been said. As humans we all cling to things, but PG seems quite obsessed with something. Very strange even to me.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am getting help. How? By discussing it here.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to re hash things.
I do, and the reason I keep doing that is because Im trying to make a point, and Im just not making the point even though I keep trying using different examples, and it can go on for gazillion times. I don't like it anymore than anyone else here, its really frustrating not being able to make a point no matter how many times I try.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do, and the reason I keep doing that is because Im trying to make a point, and Im just not making the point even though I keep trying using different examples, and it can go on for gazillion times. I don't like it anymore than anyone else here, its really frustrating not being able to make a point no matter how many times I try.

Er, yeah it is, but I take a step back at that point.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

and you do tend to be the victim of a dog pile when you post which is a bit disappointing.

personally if i am not interested in your thread i don't engage in it.

so if you want to remake a point because you have thought up a new idea related to it. For what it is worth i will back you on it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you do tend to be the victim of a dog pile when you post which is a bit disappointing.

personally if i am not interested in your thread i don't engage in it.

so if you want to remake a point because you have thought up a new idea related to it. For what it is worth i will back you on it.

Hardly 'victim'. I think you may have the wrong idea here.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hardly 'victim'. I think you may have the wrong idea here.

really?

i mean if you don't like his threads do we need a discussion on how silly they are?

is anybody actually in a position to make a qualified call on whether someone needs therapy or not?

be a big call to make.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really?

i mean if you don't like his threads do we need a discussion on how silly they are?

is anybody actually in a position to make a qualified call on whether someone needs therapy or not?

be a big call to make.

That's as maybe but by calling him a 'victim' are you doing any better?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My mind seems to live in the past often these days, but I try not to make the same mistakes over and over. If I find something in the past that was not understood by others or that I said incorrectly I try to sit back and rethink my point of view and evaluate what has been said to oppose that point of view. I give it time to rework in y head and then I try to figure out the correct wording so others will understand the "where of that I'm coming from"
If after a 2nd try my point of thought is not accepted or if it is corrected again I do not repeat it again as by then I understand that a difference of opinion will never be corrected or changed by both sides saying the same thing many times

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's as maybe but by calling him a 'victim' are you doing any better?

completely different.

not an inherent victim. A victim of a specific circumstance. In this case a dog pile. It is not a veiled insult.

i read the Bruce lee thread. Posters are already using the therapy line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions