Military strategy and like.

• Thread starter Deleted member 32980
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32980

Someone said to start a military forum and go from there. So here you can talk about strategies, weaponry, tactics, combat, equipment, technology, and what you please within reason.

Forbidden:
You are NOT permitted to speak of any kind of military sessions that are current or in the process, operations that are known, or any kind of "cover-ups" of ANY kind. We don't want any trouble.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was me that suggested in the beginners forum. I meant historical, not something that gets the authorities booting down the front door.

OP
D

Deleted member 32980

@ballen0351 no my father was a green beret.

@Transk53 oh... My bad, any ways we need a little variety to pick it up in here.

Any takers???

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The members of my family that served were either killed in WW2 or died a while ago, so my main interest is in that era.

OP
D

Deleted member 32980

Alright. I honor your family in this thread as well as others who served and sacrificed something.

What would you like to discuss? I can do weapons. I <3 the M1 Garand and the m1 Thompson .45 . Range and power/rpm

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So where did you get your interest in the military? From your dad? When did he serve?

OP
D

Deleted member 32980

I was never really interested until I got into special forces/special operations/ innovating tech. I don't like standard things like common foot men or military gate guards for forts and such. I like armors and specialty groups.

My dad served in a few groups. (I forgot the term)
He was a airborne ranger and a green beret. He served in the 80s in South Korea for three tours I believe.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will most likely have nothing to add to this thread except for my deep respect for those that serve their country.
As for weapons, those that where in use in my day have gone by the way for the most part and have been replace by what now is deemed more practical or just better.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was never really interested until I got into special forces/special operations/ innovating tech.
Whats that?

I don't like standard things like common foot men or military gate guards for forts and such. I like armors and specialty groups.
um ok
My dad served in a few groups. (I forgot the term)
He was a airborne ranger and a green beret. He served in the 80s in South Korea for three tours I believe.
I send a little time in South Korea as well

OP
D

Deleted member 32980

What do you mean, "what's that"? Which part? I like new technology and teams who big damage with as little men as needed. (Understand?)

Armors I mean like tanks and armored vehicles.

South Korea :/ they got it rough.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will most likely have nothing to add to this thread except for my deep respect for those that serve their country.
As for weapons, those that where in use in my day have gone by the way for the most part and have been replace by what now is deemed more practical or just better.

No I think what you mean is nothing is timeless of personal history. Never forgotten by those that matter. I know way infer that I am that.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean, "what's that"? Which part? I like new technology and teams who big damage with as little men as needed. (Understand?)

Well I could list some of the armour. We talking about M4 Shermans, a few Pershing M26's. Hey lets talk the war over Korea and let the community what is what? Simply intrigued here?

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 32980

What they need is a few m1 Abrams

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score

There was no war in South Korea in the 80's, and he didn't serve "tours." He was stationed as permpers, likely with 8A.

OP
D

Deleted member 32980

Blow sh** up. Make sure North Korea can't retaliate.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Abrams a close second to the Leopard 2. As being a brit, the Challenger 2 is the best anyway. Just imagine the 5th RTR on a roll with Challenger 2's.

Latest Discussions