Identical twin studies show that homosexuality is not genetic

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you not judging his morals by your own to say he is BS. Whos morals do web go by then?

I make no judgement of his morals. I commented only on his (and your) bigoted attitude towards those whose sexual orientation doesn't align with your own. Deciding what sex acts are allowed between consenting adults is not a matter of morality. The only thing it is, is none of your damned business.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
as to morality and "lifestyle" or "way of life"... well here's the thing. How someone chooses to behave can be considered a lifestyle, and might be judged on morality. But this isn't a gay issue. It's a person issue and is the same for all people, regardless of sexual orientation.

Regarding lifestyle in sexuality, one can choose to be celibate, monogamous, or promiscuous. And the realization of these paths can take many forms. But this is a choice that a person makes for himself. One can live a promiscuous lifestyle, or a monogamous lifestyle, or a celibate lifestyle, it has nothing to do with being gay or straight, in and of itself. Plenty of straight people choose a promiscuous lifestyle.

So yes, there are "lifestyle" issues that can be part of the picture, but that is a very different issue from homosexuality or other sexual orientations that differ from heterosexuality. That is something that probably deserves its own discussion, so as not to cloud the topic here. I can understand that someone might judge some of these choices on morality. For many people, a promiscuous lifestyle is immoral. I'm choosing to not pass judgement on it myself, but I can understand why people would feel that such a choice is immoral. But that isn't the same as being gay. Those are two separate issues.

Being promiscuous or monogamous or celibate is a personal choice. Having a sexual orientation that differs from hetero, is not a choice.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do find it quite interesting that in an effort to prove to me that homosexual behavior is "normal". People used pigmy monkeys and Afghan mountain warriors that treat woman as property as the proof.

You seemed unaware of the range of primate behavior in this regard. That's all.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

That sex can be used as a form of dominance and aggression? So?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Being promiscuous or monogamous or celibate is a personal choice. Having a sexual orientation that differs from hetero, is not a choice.

While it may not be an individuals "choice" I don't believe that its a biological assignment either. There's no biological advantage in it....its a social/psychological issue.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I make no judgement of his morals. I commented only on his (and your) bigoted attitude towards those whose sexual orientation doesn't align with your own. Deciding what sex acts are allowed between consenting adults is not a matter of morality. The only thing it is, is none of your damned business.
Well since someone posted this thread it is MY DAMNED BUSINESS since that's the point of a forum to discuss ideas and information. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion I guess its OK for you to pass judgment on people but the reverse is not OK. But whatever

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I understand it I just feel were slightly above them. They also throw poop and kill their young as well but that's fine

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I read your posts, my impression is that people were reacting to the negative connotations that the word "abnormal" carries with it. There are other words you could have used, but you chose "abnormal." Is it really a surprise to you that people reacted the way they did?
I'm sorry abnormal wasn't PC enough for a bunch of adults to have a conversation. I was using it as Non-normal or not the norm. I didn't give it a neg connotation you all did.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I understand it I just feel were slightly above them. They also throw poop and kill their young as well but that's fine

Humans kill their young as well, but I think the greater point that is being lost is that sex is not just for reproduction. Sex is social behavior as well. Sex is used to pair bond, to form stronger communities. Homosexuality, in this regard, is actually an evolutionary advantage because it allows for stronger communities to develop.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Okay. I've had some time to investigate. The original post is based on a lie at worst, faulty data at best, and-most likely-predetermined outcomes based on a religiously driven agenda.

You see, there are a number of twin studies on sexuality. In one, 52% of monozygotic male twins shared sexuality, but only 22% of the dizygotic (two eggs....) did.Most studies have shown similar results, with a higher incidence of shared sexuality in the monozygotic (what the OP calls "genetically identical") twins, indicating at least a partial genetic basis in sexuality, which is, as others have pointed out, not merely a biological behavior in humans (or other primates!) which is used in a variety of contexts, and far more fluid than simply genetics.

For myself, I know that at a very early age, while I had no idea what it was, there was something I wanted to do with girls. Other men have said the same thing, and-among my homosexual friends and relatives, many have said something to the effect of having similar early attractions toward boys. While this is anecdotal, it lead me to believe long ago that such drives,whether typical or, as in the case of homosexuality, atypical, (try that one for PC speak of things that veer from the mean, ballen) were genetic in nature.

Yes, most homosexuals are born that way-time will prove this out.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In this context it has a connotation of abnormal psychology, for me at least.

Abnormal is just a word I use a lot at work so that's why I went with it. When I describe someone's behavior as abnormal I'm saying its different. For example I pull a car over and the driver is acting differently then 100 other people I've stopped before I write how behavior was abnormal. Its not good or bad its just different. Its a way to build PC so I use the term often. I didn't give it any negative stigma and in fact said several times I didn't believe it to be a bad thing just different.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In this context it has a connotation of abnormal psychology, for me at least.

aye, abnormal does tend to connote something negative. Abnormal psych is a good example. Other, if you have an abnormal growth on your brain, it's not a good thing. abnormal growth in cells can be cancer. While the word itself can be neutral, it more often than not indicates something bad or undesired.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Abnormal is just a word I use a lot at work so that's why I went with it. When I describe someone's behavior as abnormal I'm saying its different. For example I pull a car over and the driver is acting differently then 100 other people I've stopped before I write how behavior was abnormal. Its not good or bad its just different. Its a way to build PC so I use the term often. I didn't give it any negative stigma and in fact said several times I didn't believe it to be a bad thing just different.
That's a yuck....."no negative stigma..":lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's just that one has to wonder whether you learned to speak English in the same U.S. that the rest of us have learned and used it for the last 50 or so years......:lfao:

Guess not. At least I have you to police the boards looking for all the mistakes I make. Carry on my friend take out the red pen and correct away.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm sorry abnormal wasn't PC enough for a bunch of adults to have a conversation. I was using it as Non-normal or not the norm. I didn't give it a neg connotation you all did.

Not about being pc. It's about saying something and feigning surprise when someone reacts predictably. I didn't give it a negative connotation. It HAS a negative connotation. The word is typically used in a negative way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, just a friendly reminder. We're heading down a very narrow road here. Courtesy with one another while typing is of utmost importance. There are certain issues in life where we will fine ourselves on one side of the fence, so to speak, or the other. But civility is always the business of the day here on MT. Thanks...............

Latest Discussions