How long do you think you'd last?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's funny because THIS reply shows that you're chasing the last word, so... I was arguing with TWO women the whole time!

You can have it. You gotta let the ladies have the last word.

N'importe quoi.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
We go down to the South of France for a couple of weeks and just chill, it's nice for that length of time, the locals go on winter holidays, skiing etc for their break lol. We also go down to Cornwall out of season when it's quiet and moody, waves crashing over the rocks. Hot chocolate and egg banjos after a long windswept walk, lovely.

Never been to the south of France, lived in the north for a while though and not against the possibility of moving back over sometime...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never been to the south of France, lived in the north for a while though and not against the possibility of moving back over sometime...
We've driven through the north, and on the nearby Garrison here you'd be forgiven if you thought you were in France, street names, barracks etc all named after First World War places. Of course we have the Tour de Yorkshire up here again, one day has Leyburn as it's finish so will be there for sure lol, the Côte de Grinton Moor and Côte de Buttertubs. Pronounced in the local dialect no French person would recognise the language. The local fell rescue team is kept busy though up that way, so many people unprepared for walking up on the moors.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The local fell rescue team is kept busy though up that way, so many people unprepared for walking up on the moors

People don't realise how quickly conditions change and/or don't believe it when told...

There's really no excuse for the amount of people who get into trouble imo - most of the time it's so easy to make basic preparations that would change the outcome entirely.

Accidents happen, and mistakes get made by even the most experienced, and that's understandable and fine - I bet that sometimes even locals get caught out by something - but most problems are caused by a combination of ignorance and stupidity.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but most problems are caused by a combination of ignorance and stupidity.

Absolutely! this is our local team, they put out good advice as do the other groups, the mountaineering groups, hiker's and walker's groups etc yet there are still people who just bimble up the hills in flip flops, no waterproofs and no maps because of course you have a mobile phone (they don't realise we don't have very good coverage) which is all you need!
Hill Safety - Swaledale Mountain Rescue

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This thread got me curious about something....

In the dojo that you train - when I say you I mean anybody and everybody reading this thread - if you get into an argument, a name calling, somewhat heated argument, are there any repercussions from the chief instructors?

Our training consists of mostly arguments and name calling.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rainy, cold, day off. Already went to the gym....so I went to the back yard and picked some Jurassic avocados and lemon. Looks like guacamole, fine films and perhaps some spirits will be the order of the day.

Guac.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rainy, cold, day off. Already went to the gym....so I went to the back yard and picked some Jurassic avocados and lemon. Looks like guacamole, fine films and perhaps some spirits will be the order of the day.

View attachment 22662

If avocado and lemons grow in your garden I would contest your use of the term "cold" :bag:

Latest Discussions