Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Comes to Atlanta

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Who is teaching it?

My brief training in JKD was with a guy who trained with Lamar M Davis and that was the stuff I refer to when I say Wing Chun on steroids. It was pretty aggressive and I liked it alot

OP
K

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am teaching. I am a certified instructor under Lamar Davis. Shoot me an email for more info.

OP
K

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry that you have that issue. If you do a little research on Lamar Davis and Hardcore JKD being his brand of JKD then you wouldn't have a problem.

OP
K

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hardcore Jeet Kune Do is what Lamar Davis calls his "brand" of JKD. There is a huge article that he wrote on the subject but I will attempt to paraphrase. It's JKD as taught by Bruce Lee during all 3 phases of his development as taught to Lamar Davis by the original Bruce Lee students he studied with and are certified by. It's just a what he chose to name it after the estate went after people using Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do

OP
K

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's not just wing chun though, just JKD with the wing chun root still intact. However, yes the wing chun aspects are very aggressive!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's not just wing chun though, just JKD with the wing chun root still intact. However, yes the wing chun aspects are very aggressive!

I know, I did a little wing chun. I know it is different, but it looks more like wing chun than the jkd from poteet. It was really aggresive and I really liked it. It was because of the similarities I deemed it wing chun on steroids. Wish I lived closer, I would check it out.

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congrats knight2000!
Just curious, how much Wing Chun do you guys do? 3 fist forms and dummy set?

OP
K

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wing chun principles make up a good bit of JKD. We use some techniques such as tan and bong and the like. The only set is Sil Lum Tao as it was a part of the Jun Fan Gung Fu curriculum and has many benefits. As for the dummy, we prefer to freestyle instead of the classical form

Latest Discussions