Free mini course thoughts and advice

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Talk' started by Taipan, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Taipan

Taipan Orange Belt

So is punching someone in the nose though and gouging an eye out, but we still refine them.

You are LEO I'm sure you can think of plenty of coworkers that "know" how to shoot but...

Yeah you know.

I think it's great to teach a little "bell ringing". You just can't teach a woman ONLY that and say she's good to go!

2. skribs

skribs Grandmaster

Against a resisting opponent? How to do so with power?

Granted, I'm experienced at defending kicks, but I can avoid a groin shot pretty easy most of the time. I can also take a tap to the groin. I've been essentially KO'd by a groin shot before. I've also had taps that didn't affect me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf Grandmaster

That would kill it for me as well. To go in with one expectation and getting slammed with something totally different. Especially if they aren't up front about it. If religion is that important then why not put it up front?

Me personally I just wouldn't mix the two, and if I did. I would be up front with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CB Jones

CB Jones Senior Master

Yes.

I'm not talking about fighting in a match.

Just a hard surprise shot if someone grabs you.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    And quite often useless. Men instinctively protect their groin, if you concentrate on trying to hit the groin you miss so many other targets.

There's so many points that people miss when they try to teach women's self defence. This latest effort is exactly the same, a waste of time and can lead to potential harm. In fact it sounds like an afterthought to see if he can get women in.123