Free mini course thoughts and advice

OP
Taipan

Taipan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
But then I wouldn't expect a combative course to tell me to kick them in the marbles.

Kicking someone in the junk is already common knowledge.

So is punching someone in the nose though and gouging an eye out, but we still refine them.

You are LEO I'm sure you can think of plenty of coworkers that "know" how to shoot but...

Yeah you know.

I think it's great to teach a little "bell ringing". You just can't teach a woman ONLY that and say she's good to go!

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dunno....I don't think you need that much training to knee or kick someone in the marbles.

Most people learn that in elementary school.

Against a resisting opponent? How to do so with power?

Granted, I'm experienced at defending kicks, but I can avoid a groin shot pretty easy most of the time. I can also take a tap to the groin. I've been essentially KO'd by a groin shot before. I've also had taps that didn't affect me.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Absolutely no, no and no again to the religious stuff. A huge turnoff, I wouldn't be interested in any of the martial arts teaching if religion is involved. If it's not why is it on the website?
That would kill it for me as well. To go in with one expectation and getting slammed with something totally different. Especially if they aren't up front about it. If religion is that important then why not put it up front?

Me personally I just wouldn't mix the two, and if I did. I would be up front with it.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Against a resisting opponent? How to do so with power?

Yes.

I'm not talking about fighting in a match.

Just a hard surprise shot if someone grabs you.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then I wouldn't expect a combative course to tell me to kick them in the marbles.

Kicking someone in the junk is already common knowledge.

And quite often useless. Men instinctively protect their groin, if you concentrate on trying to hit the groin you miss so many other targets.

There's so many points that people miss when they try to teach women's self defence. This latest effort is exactly the same, a waste of time and can lead to potential harm. In fact it sounds like an afterthought to see if he can get women in.

Latest Discussions