Fess up...

Have you ever Taken Steroids?

• Yep. Used Em.

• No way man! 'Roids are the work of the Devil

• Ive considered it, or am considering it, but dont know if its a good idea or not...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Phoenix44 said:
You'll have to find a doctor who's complicit.

What are the chances of that? We all know physicians are all fine upstanding people with morals beyond reproach. Right?...:rolleyes:

Frank

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phoenix44 said:
Anabolic steroids are Schedule III drugs, in the same category as barbiturates and opium. You're not going to "trick" the doctor into prescribing anabolic steroids. You'll have to find a doctor who's complicit.

I didn't mean to imply 'trick' at all. Complicity is a given. Nonetheless, saying the right things at the Dr's office in order to obtain these meds is necessary, as well.

I worked ER and I saw people come in that said the right things, presented with the right symptoms and left with the drugs they wanted. It's true to say that, after so many rounds of this, they were watched carefully and the physician's response to them changed; nonetheless, the got what they wanted initially. I can easily see a similar mechanism at work obtaining other drugs from a practitioner.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How do you know when someone is truly in pain? It can be a hard call. Physicians would like to err on the side of helping tha patient, but now must take on an LEO role as well--erring on the side of not medicating when there's a chance it's for illegal resale.

Tough situation.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are practical reason sfor taking steroids, but none have to do with sports performance. If you go get tested and they find that your testosterone levels are low they can prescribe them to bring your levels back up. Testerone levels start to drop after age 30 and this is when you could go get checked and see if it is an option. Their use can be good, but can also be extremely bad. It is all in how and why you use them

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I useds teroids when I was eleven because of a sickness. I only used them for two weeks...not long enough to get the physicall affects.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was a show on the other night called "The Man Whose Arms Exploded". It was about body building, steroid use, and the consequences of steroid use. It was gross.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
There was a show on the other night called "The Man Whose Arms Exploded". It was about body building, steroid use, and the consequences of steroid use. It was gross.

I saw this too, Pam. His arms were deformed looking and not at all attractive.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
I saw this too, Pam. His arms were deformed looking and not at all attractive.

Yeah. He got this huge hematoma in his bicep...it was disgusting. So he videotaped himself trying to drain it. He's plunging a hypodermic needle into his arm, like to the hilt, and drained like 2 cups of blood before going to the ER. PLUS, just the way his arms looked was a real turn off. Yuck. I don't get it...steroid use. Plus, these guys who have used it are now having heart attacks and stuff because of it. And they're still young. Sad.

Latest Discussions