Fess up...

Have you ever Taken Steroids?

• Yep. Used Em.

• No way man! 'Roids are the work of the Devil

• Ive considered it, or am considering it, but dont know if its a good idea or not...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
asangria said:
I've taken steroids for medical purposes - post-pneumonia asthma.

I never bothered finishing the treatment of 14 weeks. I experienced headaches and frequent nose bleeds.

There was an incident in our studio where a student, who was on 'roids, became enraged and started to take his aggression out on the lower belts. Our master stepped in and subdued him. He was of course shown the door.
Different kind of steroid. Cortisone, and it's many incarnations (prednisone, dexamethasone, etc) are anti-infflammatory, and not anabolic. I just started a cycle of anti-inflammatory steroids (Medrol dose pack), for a long-standing pneumonia infection (as a Chiro, I usually try to stay away from the stuff, but having been sick since November...).

For the record, you are NOT supposed to exercise while on the antiflammatory type of steroids: A side effect is tissue fragility, bone loss, and tendon weaknoss...exercise could cause you to blow some painful gaskets.

D.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I never even considered it. I always disliked lifting wieghts in general though, so that is no big surprise.

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No thank you, not for me. I know some people who have and they have some issues (domestic violence), but only mildly, I think it may be linked to the roids personally.

Farang - Larry

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
How many of you have taken 'Riods?

Anyone care to share their experiences with them? Not roumors, or what the doctors/governments/yadda yadda SAY about them, but actual info on what it was like taking them?
What's the use of studying self-defence if a chemically induced temper puts you in a situation where you get your head shot off? Seriously, while not all have experience mood swings from the drugs, enough have to make it an extremely serious consideration. Don't do it. Train hard, rest well and eat well and have the self-respect that comes from untarnished accomplishment.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have used Andro. in the past, but it has been several years. I tried it out to see how it affected my body and mind. I know many bodybuilders that have used and still use Andro. and injectables. The Andro. that I took was in pill form. Having gained the experience of how it was on my body I do not recommend the use of ANY injectable or the use of Andro. I gained an almost uncontrollable short fuse and had no gains in strength or muscle growth. I was only on it for one month. My brother-in-law used Andro. for several months and had greta gains in strength and muscle mass, but he also agined the attitude to go with it. My advice for anybody considering the use of any type of steroid is to first do your research, then consult your doctor, thenthink long and hard before using them. I think you will find that they are not worth messing with.

On a side note, most males are somewhat low on the level of testosterone that they should have in their body. Again consult your doctor and get tested. He/she will be able to help you if you are low on it.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
It really tempted me several years ago.
BUT: I'm glad I've done what I've done naturally.

I may not be HUGE, but the musculature I've got....I'VE gotten, not some drug.
I don't begrudge people who do use it, but they really should know AS MUCH as they can about it and it's potential problems BEFORE they do it. The few guys I've worked out with who did some andro... a couple of them took some huge stacks of dosages and ended up having to quit not only the roids but lifting, and another had to stop because he got into the Penn from the RAGE that lead him to crush a man's skull. ((NOT GOOD)) Then again, another one or two took more sensible dosages, delt with the feelings of aggression by working out harder and ended up accomplishing what they set out to do with it.

Your Brother
John

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its never been an issue for me, i don't even lift weights or anything like that. Happy with my scrawniness thank you very much.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never took them, never plan on taking them.

I had some blood work done recently and the doctor told me to stop taking so much Creatin supplements. I explained that I do not, so he ran the tests again, and they were still borderline but in the high end versus over the high end on the first test. I know Creatin is not a 'roid, just using it as an example.

People have different levels already in their bodies, and need to be aware that they should monitor any intake to avoid an overdose.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
How many of you have taken 'Riods?

Anyone care to share their experiences with them? Not roumors, or what the doctors/governments/yadda yadda SAY about them, but actual info on what it was like taking them?

I could probably more easily find heroin than steroids.. How does one typically get them?

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Stop that!

Well not EXACTLY how, lmao!!! I mean, what kind of turd sells that stuff? I don't expect crack dealers have it in a tackle box next to the coke and the meth.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Well not EXACTLY how, lmao!!! I mean, what kind of turd sells that stuff? I don't expect crack dealers have it in a tackle box next to the coke and the meth.

I'm not all that certain, truth be told; but, given the amount of money in sports, there's going to be more than a few physicians with no conscience that will script them out in large amounts. Resale from there, I'd imagine.

Also, like any other med, telling the Dr. just what they need to hear could get you scripted.

Either way, it's illicit and deadly.

At least you get a buzz with heroin.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Also, like any other med, telling the Dr. just what they need to hear could get you scripted.

Anabolic steroids are Schedule III drugs, in the same category as barbiturates and opium. You're not going to "trick" the doctor into prescribing anabolic steroids. You'll have to find a doctor who's complicit.

Latest Discussions