Excited

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
(don't exactly know where this one should go)Well tonight, I am testing 5 unique individuals to balck belt, with one student going to 2nd degree. I am sitting here thinking what an honor it is to be a part of their martial art journey. I feel pretty confident I am going to work them... well you know...(Ha) I am proud of them all! They will bring their uniqueness
to the black belt ranks.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have alot to be proud of, each student is a reflection of his teacher.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fantastic! I wish I could be there to watch you run a BB test!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am sure as you are the mentor, they will bring the same respect that you have for our Art. Cangrats.

OP
Kwanjang

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
11:00pm and I just got home. The candidates arrived about 5 o'clock, written test about 45 minutes, physical exam started promptly at 6pm sharp. We bowed out at 9:50pm. The test was awsome! My students exceeded my expectations and humbled me with their effort. Life is great! Now they can look forward to their graduation... Very formal. You only get your black belt once-I am very happy for them. Did I mention life is great!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!!! It always puts a smile on my face to read posts such as this one!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just beginning as an instructor of Judo so I have promoted folks to yellow belt. However I have sat on Little Dragons tests as well. It always humbles me at how much the students try to excell. You are a great guy. I know your standards are not weak.

It is always humbling to watch others test. For me I always think "Did I help this person enough or could I have done better?"

Congrats. They are very well deserved my friend.

11:00pm and I just got home. The candidates arrived about 5 o'clock, written test about 45 minutes, physical exam started promptly at 6pm sharp. We bowed out at 9:50pm. The test was awsome! My students exceeded my expectations and humbled me with their effort. Life is great! Now they can look forward to their graduation... Very formal. You only get your black belt once-I am very happy for them. Did I mention life is great!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, good, good, good! Practice is practice, but testing is testing. Everyone wishes to show good at testing. And they did! And yes sir, sometimes, life is good!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sir you have done the Art proud for the outcome of the test, we are also humble by your student expetation of there instructor.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! I know that I always tell my students not to be nervous at the test, that the true test is training every day and the "formal test" should be nothing but a demonstration of their knowledge....but, I am always nervous for them.