Does disagreeing make you a bad student?

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well that's life in Japan. Training is substituted for a job when you graduate. Family and kids come second. You put the same attitude in to your job as you would budo. Medical and blood tests are done, Nurses and doctors visit companies so again you dont need to take time off.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Questions for clarification are fine with me. I'm especially OK with "can you show that one more time?" I'll show them as many times as they need. I'm very OK with "why is it done like that?".

Insubordination isn't cool though. Let the teacher teach. If you don't believe anything he or she says, then you're in the wrong school.

I've found that those who were the most difficult were those without much martial arts experience. Those with a lot of experience are usually interested to see how other folks do things, and never talk back.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it but at the end of the day the Instructor knows a lot more than you do and there opinion on the subject probably holds more weight than yours. So you should probably really think if you're right or not

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You I see I stated this earlier in the forum, I have a personal relationship with the Head Instructor and one of the other instructors. i knew them before I even started training with them. So we don't always have a student teacher relationship. I guess sometimes we forget to flip the switch and we just see each other as how we are out of class.

You might want to keep an eye on this, it's not the best atmosphere for the students. And trust me, they know.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
You might want to keep an eye on this, it's not the best atmosphere for the students. And trust me, they know.

Yeah we do. And people don't like favoritism so watch out for that.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah we do. And people don't like favoritism so watch out for that.

oh No, it's not like that at all. It's quite the opposite. Because of my relationship with them, they expect me to work harder and be a model student. Any respect that I receive in our school, I have earned through hard work and leading by example. Thankfully it hasn't been through blatant favoritism , and my instructor shoveling me up people's rears. I played varsity sports almost my entire high school career, and there's honestly nothing more I disliked than favoritism. I want nothing to do with that, I make this clear, and both my instructors and my fellow classmates know this.

Latest Discussions