Confidence and Self Esteem

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You aren't stupid, I agree. But I think its harder to see the part of you that is caring and respectful in your longer posts. In your shorter posts it is more apparent.

Try this. For a little while, focus your thoughts down to one or two sentences per post. That will help us get to know you, and may help you get to know the rest of us as well. :)

Are you sure that you don't work for NASA at all? I'm just wondering because I think that you are not only incredibly smart, but that you also have a very keen insight into other people and I think that there are a lot of people both here and in the rest of the world that could stand to learn a thing or two from you about how people tend to think and act.

Perhaps you should consider opening a school where you are teaching people how to read and understand people like you are able to do. I don't know if it will help to make the world a better place or not, but perhaps it could go a long ways into helping to make this forum a better place for all who encounter it and wish to join in on the conversations.

You are right about me being a very caring and respectful person. It is just hard for me to show it because of the way that a lot of people tend to treat me and that is why I am trying to develop better boundaries for myself and it is why I am trying to find new and improved ways of improving both my life and myself.

Chris had a very good point before that he made to me about me developing both my inner game and my overall confidence levels. Reading my books and learning from all the people that I have learned from so far is good and while it does tend to help me to understand both myself and other people it is no substitute for me going out into the world and just beign willing to make mistakes as that is the only real way to learn anything in life.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And what's wrong with ugly women I ask? Don't they deserve love too! :uhyeah:

I sadly lost my German Shepherd earlier this year,she was 15. I still walk in and expect to see her, it's horrible.

If you can move somewhere better it wuld be good, you could start completely fresh then with all your new ideas to try out! Starting as you mean to carry on.
The only work I know about in America is stuff my daughter has looked at which is working in racing stables, she was looking at working in Florida over the winter as the New York racing stables bring their horses down for the winter. Any good for you as racing stables nearly always provide accomodation too?

I've got nothing against what people might call ugly women at all. I believe in treating everyone the same at least until they cross me.

I don't know if I am a little too trusting of people, all that I know is that I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time I know that the world is not safe and that there are a lot of people out there that really are so screwed up and out of balance in their lives and while I am not perfect I am at least trying to put more balance in my life while at the same time establishing better boundaries for myself and being much more cautious of who I trust and don't trust.

I don't know if anyone can or will be able to understand this at all, but when it comes to things like life, love, and success in life I am a very determined and ambitious go getter that believes that life is short and that one should always try to look for the positive in life by as much as possible while at the same time remembering to be down to earth and practical about what they want and need in life.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I am a little too trusting of people, all that I know is that I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time I know that the world is not safe and that there are a lot of people out there that really are so screwed up and out of balance in their lives and while I am not perfect I am at least trying to put more balance in my life while at the same time establishing better boundaries for myself and being much more cautious of who I trust and don't trust.

Well, if you said in another post that you gave $950 to someone you met on myspace, someone you didn't know too well, and were scammed, then yes, I'd say that you are a bit too trusting of people.

I don't know if anyone can or will be able to understand this at all, but when it comes to things like life, love, and success in life I am a very determined and ambitious go getter that believes that life is short and that one should always try to look for the positive in life by as much as possible while at the same time remembering to be down to earth and practical about what they want and need in life.

And thats fine and dandy, however, don't let the desire to seek the good in someone, cloud your vision of them. In other words, lets go back to that girl on myspace. Someone who scams someone else out of money, IMO, doesnt have much good in them.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, if you said in another post that you gave $950 to someone you met on myspace, someone you didn't know too well, and were scammed, then yes, I'd say that you are a bit too trusting of people.

And thats fine and dandy, however, don't let the desire to seek the good in someone, cloud your vision of them. In other words, lets go back to that girl on myspace. Someone who scams someone else out of money, IMO, doesnt have much good in them.

I think that you are right and that is why I am trying to be smarter than them and it is why I am trying to stay on top of things by as much as possible as I certainly don't want to get burned again by anyone.

I thought that I was being smart at that time and I thought that the people that I was talking to was being honest with me, but I was wrong and that is why I am trying to study basically anything that will help me to be able to detect when someone is lying to me as well as things that will help me to be more assertive about it, but like everything else it is something that I need to learn how to balance out better.

It is good to be aware, but whether anyone of us wants to admit it or not none of us can know everything that there is to know in life nor can we experience everything either. That however in my book does not mean that we should allow ourselve's to be afraid of the unknown and the uncertain because if we allow ourselve's to be like that then we truly are being paranoid of everything in life and are very likely to miss out on the simple pleasures in life.

Latest Discussions